Chapter 4: Malia

Chapter 4: Malia

"Your son is mine," he sneered. "I'll enjoy sucking every last drop from him."

"How many times do I have to tell you?" I growled, through hot tears streaming down my face. "Stay the hell away from my son!" I almost whimpered. "Why are you doing this...?"

"Don't you see? I killed Mason. I just wanna finish the job and kill you too," he grinned, his teeth jagged and sharp. He looked crazed.

"Just stay away!!"

--

My eyes shoot open, my body breaking out in a cold sweat. I'm breathing heavily, as I look around the dark room. Ryder was beside me, snoring softly. I always thought it was cute when he snored. I smiled, relaxing slightly as I scooted closer to him, wrapping my arm around him, snuggling up to his chest. As if he were awake, his arms automatically wrapped around me and pulled me closer. His breath fanned my face and I closed my eyes slowly. Then, I heard Aiden crying in the other room. I decided to get up and see him.

Walking to the door to Aiden's room, Warren and Jarrod stood there, looking at me. "We thought you might wanna see him," Warren said.

I smiled, but at the same time wanted to curse them out for letting my son keep on crying. I walked in to Aiden curled up into a ball in the corner of his bed. "Sweetheart," I muttered to him and sat at the edge of his bed. I put a hand on his back and started rubbing it soothingly. He started to sniffle, his shoulders shaking with each violent sniffle he did. "What's wrong, Aiden?"

"I-I had a bad dream," he turned around and clung onto my waist, as I let his head lay on my lap and started stroking the side of his head, lovingly and comfortingly.

"What was the dream about, Baby?" I asked, giving him a soft smile.

"A-A man was standing in front of me. He cut you by the throat. He killed you, Mommy. He killed you in front of me!" He started sobbing uncontrollably. I stiffened and sat him up, before pulling him into a tight hug.

"Shh, Baby, it's okay. I'm right here, nothing happened to me, okay?" I murmured, shutting my eyes. It broke my heart to hear my son cry. Especially when I knew who was in the dream with him.

He's fucking with my son's head too! That bastard! When I see him, he's going to fucking pay. I'll rip him limb, from limb. I'll make sure his own family won't recognize the body.

By the time I was snapped out of my thoughts, Aiden had calmed down. "Are you better?" I asked, pulling away from him. He rubbed his dark brown eyes and nodded, a small pout placed on his lips. I smiled at him. "Do you want to come to mommy and daddy's room?" I asked and he opened up his arms for me to pick him up.

Awe, my little man was so cute. I picked him up in my arms, propping him up on my hip as he laid his head down on my shoulder, closing his eyes. I walked out of the room, to see Jarrod and Warren standing there. I smiled at them kindly. "You two can go get some sleep tonight. I'm bringing Aiden in my room with me." The boys nodded, bidding us a goodnight and I walked back to my room.

Aiden crawled to the middle of the bed, laying flat on his back as I got in bed, covering us with the sheets. Aiden curled up next to me, snuggling close. I smiled, wrapping an arm around him, playing with his hair soothingly.

"I love you, Mommy."

"I love you too, sweetie," I muttered, kissing his temple. "Now go to sleep. Goodnight, Aiden." I shut my eyes, tightening my grip around him slightly. If he got out of my hold.. I would know.

"Goodnight, Mommy."

With those soft words from my beloved son... I drifted off into peaceful sleep.

--

"Aww, cute," he purred, his crystal blue eyes piercing into me. "Too bad, I'll have him soon." His grin was crazed... Unmistakeable... Evil.

"No," I growled. "Because when I see you, I'll be ripping you limb from limb before you even get the chance to harm Aiden."

Dimitri chuckled. "We'll see, Babydoll. We'll see."

--

The next day, I was in my office planning a party. Why?

It was Kaiden's birthday tomorrow, of course. He deserved to relax. As did the rest of the pack and a party would definitely help us all let loose.

I already had streamers and balloons bought from a local store and now I was creating invitations.

As I was writing them down, there was a knock at the door. I froze, hoping to God it wasn't Kaiden. "Who is it?" I called.

"My love," the voice purred. Ryder. I chuckled lightly.

"Get in here." Ryder pushed the door open, a goofy grin on his face as he walked towards me. That's when I noticed, in his left hand, was a heart shaped box of chocolates and in his right, white orchids. My heart stopped, as my smile widened at the sight. Oh, he was just too good to me.

"Figured you'd want something to calm you down. So I decided to get romantic," he said, laying the orchids and the chocolates down in front of me. He bent down, wrapping his arms around my neck from behind, placing a trail of light kisses on my neck. I hummed in pleasure, a light smile at my lips.

"How's the party planning coming?"

I nodded, "going good. I still don't have a gift for him," I frowned. Nothing seemed good enough to get him. Ryder sighed and shrugged as he continued to hug me from behind.

"He'll probably like anything you give him," he muttered to me. I nodded, knowing it was true.

"But, I want this gift to be great. One to put a smile on his face- A genuine smile. Not that fake one he sports around all the time," I sighed.

"I know, Baby. I know," Ryder nodded. "You'll figure something out."

I smiled and nodded, but still, the question still stood. "Do you have an idea?" Ryder shook his head.

"Malia?" Scarlett ran in the office, huffing like she ran a mile. "You need to come outside. Like, now."

"What's wrong?"

I waited for a response, the urgency in her eyes never wavering. I stood, my suspicion growing with every second that passes by.

"Aiden can shift."

--

A/N: I know, it's not possible, werewolves need to be a certain age to start shifting, right? Well, tough. He's gonna be different. ;)

Anyway. I hope this chapter is long enough.
How do you like it? :3

Leave a comment! Please vote! And a follow would be appreciated, but you don't need to do any of that if you don't want to. ;-;

- xSG