amazon

The lungs of the planet - the Amazon rainforests started burning on 19 August and they are still burning. If this doesn't concern you, look at it this way - the source of 6% of our oxygen supply, home of more than 30 million people and shelter of 10% of the world's biodiversity is going down and it's happening fast. Our water cycles, weather patterns are all hugely affected by the Amazon's rainforest. At a time when the earth is already endangered by record temperatures and global warming, the fires couldn't come at a less unfortunate time. Read on Brazil has had more than 72,000 fires this year - an 84 percent increase on the same period in 2018 according to the country's National Institute for Space Research.

It's a fitting analogy, since the Amazon plays a major role in many of the processes that make our planet habitable: water cycles, weather patterns, and the exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide. The rainforest is also home to more than 30 million people and over 10% of the world's biodiversity

Fire is one of the pillars contributing to the evolution of civilization. It is used by us in our day to day lives for various purposes. According to Greek mythology fire was gifted to humanity by a Greek God called Prometheus but who would have thought that this gift would turn out to be a curse in today's scenario.

A spark when comes in contact with the right thing at the right time it can burn down the whole thing. Similarly, when a spark of fire falls onto the surface of our life support systems i.e. forests, it can burn down a major chunk of our environment thus creating a hole in the heart of mother earth.

Forest fires or wildfires is a rising epidemic; a consequence of the heedlessness of humanity. Recently,Indonesia have faced the grave consequences of forest fires.

The , the vessel holding a massive amount of the world's oxygen, is burning at a rate scientists have never seen before.

The National Institute for Space Research (INPE) has more than 74,000 fires so far this year – an 84 per cent increase on the same period in 2018. It's the highest number since records began in 2013.

Nearly 40,000 fires are burning in Brazil's Amazon rainforest, the latest outbreak in an overactive fire season. Don't blame dry weather, say environmentalists. These Amazonian wildfires are a human-made disaster. set by loggers and cattle ranchers who use a "slash and burn" method to clear land. Feeding off very dry conditions, some of those fires have spread out of control. set by loggers and cattle ranchers who use a "slash and burn" method to clear land. Feeding off very dry conditions, some of those fires have

According to NASA, the Amazon rainforest has been relatively fire-resistant throughout its history due to its moist and humid conditions. But an increase in the frequency and intensity of droughts—a phenomenon that's linked to anthropogenic climate change—in combination with human activities in the forest has led to a spike in the number of fires.spread out of control. set by loggers and cattle ranchers who use a "slash and burn" method to clear land. Feeding off very dry conditions, some of those fires have spread out of control.

95% of forest fires in Europe are related to human involvement."This is without any question one of only two times that there have been fires like this [in the Amazon,]" ecologist Thomas Lovejoy told . "There's no question that it's a consequence of the recent uptick in deforestation.

Forest fires are the most careless way of destroying life around us. It not only burns the vegetation but it also affects the wild life and causes a severe air pollution. When a forest burns with it homes of thousands of animals are burned and nobody likes to see their homes being engulfed by the flames which roar as a representative of the selfish humanity. Forest fires takes the air we breath and gives us the air which can stop us from breathing, it displaces the wildlife and in the end disturbs the whole ecosystem surrounding it.

It is very difficult to control fire but it is easier for us to prevent it from starting. One of the methods in which forest fires can be prevented is controlled burning in which a small amount of dry residual lying on the surface of forest is burned in small quantities and in appropriate weather conditions. People who live near forest also create fire lines of 5-10 meters, which is taken care of every once in a while, especially in dry conditions so as to prevent any dry fuels littering the surface.