CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Start from the beginning

Nothing seems clear to me. The more I try to crack the nut, the more difficult it is for me.

I vent my frustration on the innocent plate of spaghetti right in front of me. I wouldn't stop playing with the pastas as I use my fork to scramble.

I'm not eating and I don't even intend to till I get to the root of this. At least till I get the slightest hint of what's going on.

"Vee, are you okay? You're not eating",

I totally forgot I'm with humans; Olivia and Camille. I was just lost in trance.

"I'm fine, Cam",

I'm sure my lie is so obvious.

"No, you're not. C'mon I haven't seen you this way before. What is it? "

"I have no appetite. I'll see you guys in class ", I say and stand to leave.

"You're kidding right? ", Olivia asks me.

"Do I look like I am? Bye girls! " I walk away.

They must be talking about me right now but that's the least of my problem.

I find my way to the school library; a place I've become very fond of lately.

I get in and grab a text that I know too well I'm not going to read.

I take a seat and open the text and glance through it so they'd think I'm actually reading but I'm not.

That's a new trick I invented for myself. Maybe some other mischievous students like me would do the same.

Few minutes later I see a figure stop right in front of me and I look up to see who.

And what in the world is he doing here?

"Adrian, what are you doing here? "

"You're talking out loud", he whispers and takes a seat in front of me.

"That's not the answer to my question ", I say but in a lower tone.

"I have exams, dummy"

Did he just call me dummy? When did we even start calling each other names?

"You just wrote your scholarship exams so what other fucking exams are you talking about? "

Gosh, I just used that word a second time.

"Seriously? You're hilarious. Well, I'll remind you that we have our WAEC exams to think of ",

Ohh, I totally forgot I had to read for my upcoming exams. All thanks to my mom and recent dramas.

"Oh, right. So can you leave now? I need to read ",

"Actually", he brings out a text, "I'm joining you for today ",

"You must be out of your damn mind. Get up and leave, please ",

Why am I even being polite?

"Why do you hate me so much? I'm trying to make us friends again and you're overreacting ",

"First of, we were never friends and will never be. Second, the only reason I actually talk to you is because you're dating my best friend and third, I'm not one of your girl projects so back off",

"Whoa, hold on. What girl projects are you talking about? "

"You should know better, Adrian ",

"I do not know what you're talking about but just so you know you can't separate Olivia from me",