Donnie Barksdale - Peace

A/N: There is mention of war and blood and some minor swearing!

I didn't think it would ever happen. The unexpectedness of it all made it especially horrific. The way everything went down, and I couldn't do a single thing about it.

"Your majesty? Pardon my interruption." My trance was broken as I realized that I have been sitting on my bed, just staring at the floor. I raised my head wordlessly and waited for my handmaid to continue. "He's here." I nodded before raising off of my bed.

Don't choke. I hear my father's words echo in the back of my head. I can't slip up. This meeting is very important.

My handmaid follows close behind me as I make my way from my bedroom, down the two sets of stairs, and then through the ball room to enter the art room, where he was waiting. My breath nearly hitched, but I didn't allow myself to be caught off guard.

He quickly turned around, hearing my footsteps. "Ah, Queen (y/n). What a pleasure it is to see you after all this time." Donnie held his arms open, and the smell of dog filled the room, and my oversensitive nose. He never did bother with formalities, so why would he now? Can't teach an old dog to learn new tricks.

"Yes Donnie. It has been quite a while." There was a slight bite to my tone as I spoke. "Some 100 years, yes?" A hundred years since that night. The night that plays in my nightmares.

Donnie smiles, showing his slightly elongated canines, and I do the same, but my smile is full of hatred. "Yes, around 100 years." He looks around the room and his eyes land on a picture of my father, and in that moment I wanted to rip his face off and use it as a gift to give my father's painting. His mouth seems to grow wider, in which I nearly giggled at the thought of him looking like the Big Bad Wolf. "It was... such a shame what happened to your father all that time ago. If only he-" I couldn't take this.

"If only your father didn't feel the need to put you in charge and pollute his mind with absolute lies about my father, who I may remind you, only wanted peace." I was fighting to keep my calm, and Donnie just let out a chuckle.

"You know if your father truly wanted peace, he would've rightfully continued our marriage instead of trying to marry you off to an elf at the last moment." He smile began to turn to a snarl as he rose up from his chair, walking behind me. "If your father truly wanted peace, he wouldn't have avdvised against my father's decision to make me the head of our military." His voice will filling with hatred like a cup being filled with poison. He leaned down and his mouth was mere centimeters from my ear. "My dear, if your father truly wanted peace... he would've given you to me in his dying moments instead of trying to keep you hidden."

"Do you want peace?" Donnie pulled back a little and I bite back a smile, I had caught him off guard. "Donnie, I asked you a question."

Donnie huffed slightly in my ear, "Of course I want peace. That was the point of that night. That was the point of killing your father. That was the whole damn point of me killing that elf! I've wanted peace between us for so long!" Donnie pushes himself up from behind me and begins circling me. "I've wanted you for so long! Didn't any of the time we spent as children mean anything to you, because I know it didn't mean jack shit to your fucking father!" Donnie was getting angry.

"Donnie, please. Keep your composure." There was a slight bite to my words, and before Donnie could speak I did, "May I remind you who's the queen and who's the prince?" And that was enough to get Donnie to be quiet. "Now Donnie, what you did that night, that wasn't for peace. When you stormed into these walls and killed thousands of innocent people, that was not for peace! When my father was forced to store me in the dungeon and keep me there until a maid had to come down and fetch me four weeks later, that was not for peace!" For years I had waited to do this, and this time I could not fight the smile making it's way to my lips. "But what I'm doing, this is for peace."

"What are you talking about?" Donnie looked at me, confused.

"Tell me Donnie, how long did the travel here take you?"

"Around three days and four nights, why do you ask?"

I looked over at him, the smile on my face turning into a look that would kill if it could. "Then you will see the carnage that nearly mimics that of what you and your father caused me that night. You will have to explain to your father why the blood of his people lay at his feet, if your father is still alive when you get back." My face grew darker as I rose my head to look down on him, "And you will explain who is responsible for this. You will explain that the Queen of the Vrykolakas was the one who brought death upon you all, as payment for the life you had taken from her."

Donnie looked upon me with fear, and I could hear his heart pounding within his chest. "You can't-"

"Donnie, I suggest you be a good puppy and run back home. After all, you don't have a lot of time. You know how brutal my kind can be. Now leave, before I add your death upon your peoples'."

Donnie stared at me for a good moment before running towards his carriage outside. I watched as he frantically jumped in, and the carriage sped off. It's peace he wants, he will soon see that it is not in the form of quiet streets and happily ever after, but instead in the form of his body buried under that of my father and deceased fiance.