Marlon- Forget Me Not

(T/W: Mention of drugs)
     I've known Marlon and Harlan for a few months now. Every time I've seen Marlon though, he forgets me. I'll seen them every day, and he will still forget my face. It's the drugs they're on, I suppose. Marlon can't seem to remember anything and can't seem to function without Harlan.
     I sighed out loud in accident and it caused them to both look up at me. We were all sitting at my dining room table and eating. I invited them over tonight so they wouldn't be on the streets. The weather is only getting colder.
      "What's wrong (y/n?)" Harlan was by the far the smartest of the two, yet he's the one who probably has been on drugs the longest as he was older.
      "Oh nothing. I was just wondering if you two would like dessert?" The boys both nodded and went back to their dinner.
     As I was walking out of the kitchen I heard a, "Who's (y/n)?" followed by Harlan trying to describe me for the 100th time that week to Marlon. I sighed quietly again. I really wish he would remember me.
     I got them both a bowl of ice cream and sat it next to their dinner plates. "So... I was wondering.." They finished their meals and started on the ice cream, but looked up at me to indicate that I should go on. "Well, I was wondering.. if I helped you guys. You know, let you live here and stuff... could you guys.. possibly, just maybe.. get help to quit drugs?"
     They both put down their bowls and looked at me like I dropped a bombshell. For a little over half a year I've talked to them, fed them, bought them clothes, and let them stay here occasionally, but this was a question I've only asked once before. I braced for them to up and leave, but instead they started whispering to each other.
     I sat there for a few seconds as they seem to debate back and forth, then they split apart and looked at me. "You tell her." Harlan looked over at Marlon.
     Marlon looked at me before taking a long sip of water. He put the glass down and nodded, "Okay." My heart dropped, but not in a bad way. I jumped out of my chair and hugged them both. I knew how hard it was going to be for them, and was prepared to help them in any way I could.
     After a few hours of playing games and watching tv and talking about possible places to go and get help, the boys and I got ready for bed. I said goodnight to Harlan in one of the guest rooms and then went to say goodnight to Marlon as well.
      I walked into Marlon's room to give him his goodnight hug and I pulled out a small box. Marlon looked at me a bit confused, then I opened it to reveal a lucky cat necklace. The confused look never left his face.
      "It's a 'forget-me-not' charm. You forget stuff a lot, so I thought that this could possibly help." I moved my hand for him to move forward and he did, then I placed the necklace around his neck. "You see, if you need to remember me, then you just look or touch the necklace, and then you will."
     "Wow.. no one has ever given me something like this before. Thank you..."
      He looked at me as if he couldn't remember my name again. "(Y/n). My name is (y/n)."
     He smiled and said, "Thank you (y/n)!"
     I smiled and hugged him. Then we said our goodnights. I walked back down the hall to my room and got ready to go to sleep. Hopefully my gift will help, and hopefully the boys will do well with their new journey.