59: Blended Family

Start from the beginning

April looked at him and sighed. She knew he was hurt and she was mad that she was the one to hurt him. It was never her intentions to hurt him at all. It was just the way the cookie crumbled. "Look I understand that this might be too much of a pill to swallow but I want this with you yet I won't beg you to stay if this is too much for you or something you don't want to participate in. I really don't expect you to stick around no matter how much I want you by my side. So if you don't think this is for you then I understand if you don't want to try us again. I'll respect ya wishes and you can do as you please and let me go. I lost one baby I don't want to lose another one. I'm honestly excited. I'm happy and I'm in love with my baby already" April honestly admitted.

"I don't want someone walking in and out of me and my child's life or for you to love her any less because she didn't come from you. So again if this isn't what you want I truly understand and we can end this before we even start" April said while nervously playing with her hands as tears threatened to spill out of her eyes.

Dave sighed and moved closer to her. He loved and was in love with this woman deeply in love with her. She was where he wanted to be and she was home. Wherever she was he wanted to be but could he really swallow this big of a pill. He was a package deal when he met her and April had no kids. Now she was pregnant fresh as hell pregnant at that. Could he really see himself doing this shit with her? Could he really stick around and watch her go through the motions, the changes, watch her stomach grow, and feel the baby kicking about when the baby didn't belong to him? Could he really help raise another niggas baby and have that same nigga around 24/7. Dave didn't know if he could.

"And ya sure you and Chris are over and done with" he questioned again. He needed assurance. If she was in love or wanted to be with Chris or wanted to have this family life with him then there was no point in staying. Dave was mad that he even had to question and talk to her about this nigga to begin with.

"I'm absolutely positive a 100% positive. I don't want to be with Chris. I just want him to be there for our child and that's it. He even knows that I'm stuck on you. He knows his place in my life and wants what's best for me. He just wants me to be happy and be there for his child"

"So that's why that nigga was at ya crib last night" he questioned and took a seat on the couch that was in her bedroom as he calmed down a bit.

She nodded her head. "Yes, I had my first appointment the day before yesterday and he wanted to be there. I wanted him to be there. We had some shit to discuss so he stayed for a few days" April replied as she took a seat on the other end of the couch. Dave knew she was giving him space and he was thankful for that.

Dave nodded his head. He knew her and Chris had a lot to talk about. One there was now a baby involved and two he lived in LA. "Can I" Dave glanced at her and down at her stomach. He didn't know why he wanted to touch it or maybe he thought feeling her stomach would make it realer for him because he still couldn't believe that this shit was real. He felt like he was having a bad dream.

April shook her head nervously. "Sure but there isn't anything there, yet"

"Two months" he said in a questioning tone as he moved closer to her then slipped his hand under her shirt and rubbed her still flat stomach causing April to give him a small smile.

"Yes two months"

"So this is why Chris has been hitting you up"

"You do know that we're friends right. We talk and text often and I treat his child like she's my own so we're always in contact but now he does call more often to check up on me and the baby" April answered honestly.

"As long as he knows his fuckin place I guess it is what it is" he said as he continued to mindlessly rub her stomach. "I can't lie this is gonna take some time to get used to. I wasn't expecting this shit at all. Then again I can't really be mad because I was playing house as you'd say and you were free to do whatever you pleased. If I wasn't this wouldn't have happened but I have no choice but to live with it. I let you walk away once and that was one time too many. I ain't letting ya ass go" He looked down as April beamed up at him. This was going to be one hell of a ride but he was down for it. He had no choice but to if he wanted to be in her life.