"Okay?" He raised and eyebrow. "I promise"

"Do you have feelings for Sarah?" His expression betrayed him as his lips immediately stretched into a smile.

"It doesn't matter" He let out a dry chuckle. "She says I'm a friend"

Girl put him in the friendzone. I'll kill her.

"She said that?"

"Yes and I respect her decision I mean I'm a bad guy right?" He said avoiding my gaze.

"You're not a bad guy. You and Alex have done horrible things, yes, but you everyone deserves someone to stand by them"

"It's okay, I'll always be her trusty friend" He smiled sadly once again.

"Too bad, I shipped you two" I pouted.

"Don't worry, it's not like I'll give up" He winked going back to his old cheerful self. I grinned and we walked back to Sarah and Alexander.

"What did you tell him?" Alexander asked quietly only for me to hear.

"That stays between me and him" I grinned and gave him a wink.

"You're one tricky little baby" He smirked and pinched my cheeks. 

We sat in a café to catch up since I hadn't seen Sarah in a while.

"So Sarah, what happened with Caleb?" I asked afraid of the answer.

"He stays at his old apartment" She answered with a smile. I turned to Alex and raised a questioning eyebrow.

"You let him go?" I asked quietly only for him to hear.

"Yes. He helped us with the plan, he is not the bad guy"

"And what happened to Colton?" I asked hesitantly my eyes welling up at the mention of him. He didn't answer. He simply looked away and run his fingers through his hair.

"I-I couldn't help myself" He whispered.

I hadn't fully accepted the fact that he had actually killed people before and just hearing him say that now made me a little scared that maybe he won't be able to control his urges wit me.

What am I saying? He's the sweetest most caring man with me.

"I'm sorry" he said looking into my eyes. I could see the worry in his eyes. He was worried I would choose to leave him.

"We'll talk about it later" I smiled softly and stroked his back.

--------

"Enjoying the movie?" He asked lowly leaving soft kisses on me neck. Honestly I didn't even know what was happening in the movie. He kept kissing me and I couldn't concentrate. I didn't even want to.

I sat on his lap with my back facing him and he had his arms around my waist as he nuzzled my neck. 

"Baby" He whispered sensually. I ignored him and kept trying to focus on the movie. "Love" He said louder. "I want to talk to you"

"What is it?" I asked turning my head towards him.

"About earlier. Are you scared of me?" He asked with a small voice.

"I-I don't like it that you do these things especially since my brother-"

"I am not your brother" His voice sounded really serious and had an edge to it. As if he was angry. "I may have been heartless and cold blooded before, but you make the ice melt" He said with a softer tone. "I'm going to be honest with you princess, I can't stop what I do"

But-

"But I promise you I've changed my ways, I'm still a mafia leader, but I'm better" I didn't respond I just stayed there staring at me while he seemed to be panicking. "I can't make you stay if you don't want to" He sighed and looked down. "I just want you to know that- I love you. I won't be angry at you for leaving me. You're right to leave me. I'm a demon, but you'll always be my angel. Whenever you need help you can ask me. I'll give you anything, anything. I'm happy as long as you are" His voice broke at the end and his breath hitched.

The right thing was to leave and never look back, but seeing him like this, so vulnerable as his black hair fell covering his face and his dark blue eyes that were now a vibrant blue from the tears pooling in them shining through I realized I loved him.

For once I felt that overwhelming feeling that I could do anything for him and I didn't care about how imperfect he was, I just wanted to be with him. I wanted us to be happy together.

Okay girl, now all you have to do is tell him.

Easier said than done.

"Alex I-" I cut myself off not knowing how to say it. His head snapped back up to look at me. He was shaking in agony.

"Please say it now. I don't want to get my hopes up" He said softly.

I let myself go as I simply walked towards him, took his face in my hands and kissed him.

He was taken by surprise but soon started making the kiss even more passionate.

"Alex, I love you" I finally got it out. He froze.

"What?" He asked quietly.

"I said I love you" I smiled at him.

"Y-you do? You love me?" He pointed at himself.

"Yes silly, I love you" I smiled even more brightly.

What I didn't expect was how emotional he was. He kept opening his mouth to speak but couldn't get anything out and I saw his tears finally falling.

I loved that he wasn't afraid to cry in front of me. He looked as if he was letting out years of pent up frustration and misery.

"You're such a crybaby" I giggled and brushed his tears away. He finally smiled too and nodded.

"Only in front of you" He managed to speak. "Could you- could you say it again please?" He asked shyly. His reaction was the cutest thing ever.

"I love you" I whispered and kissed him.

"I love you" He said it back and kept kissing my lips. "Does that mean you won't leave me?"

"Of course I won't"

"I love you. Fuck, I love you so much" He shook his head saying.