39. History

Taehyung spent his last full day in Toronto loitering around the vibrant and colourful neighbourhood, Kensington Market

Declared as a National Historic Site in Canada, the famous Toronto market showcased more than its array of meats, cheese, produce, or other food products. Kensington's also home to an eclectic selection of vintage shops, indie and specialty stores, fine international restaurants and casual, trendy cafés that attract many people from all walks of life.

Taehyung picked up a pair of funky cowboy boots at "Courage My Love," before embarking on a guided food tour that allowed him to taste various culinary delights from different parts of the world. By the time the pop idol completed the three-hour, two-kilometre walk, he was exhausted and settled himself at a nearby bench, munching on his last piece of churro while listening to a busker playing Omi's "Cheerleader" on a small ukelele.

In another part of the city, a pair of friends were drinking freshly crafted beer at the Mill Street pub located inside the Distillery District.

Like the Kensington Market, the Distillery District was also designated as a National Historic Site of Canada because of its value to Canadian heritage. Created in the 19th century, the district housed the largest collection of Victorian industrial architecture in North America. The design and craftsmanship in the structures and those seen on the cobblestoned streets were intricate and charming.

"So.... what were you up to last night that you bolted like a bandit?" Min-woo asked his companion in between sips of beer.

Jung-kook almost choked on his drink. "Urmm....nothing much, I just headed back to the hotel."

"I can tell you're lying," Min-woo retorted.

"How... how do you know?" Jung-kook's eyes went wide at the accusation.

"I didn't," Min-woo guffawed as he saw the ashen look on Jung-kook's face. "I was only guessing, but you just confirmed it. So....... where did you actually go?"

"Nowhere. Nowhere special," Jung-kook murmured as he cast his glance downwards.

Min-woo cocked his eyebrow. "Are you sure about that?"

"I swear! I swear it was nothing," Jung-kook protested.

"Well, if you say so," Min-woo shrugged. "Anyway, did you check out that place I told you about?"

The raven-haired boy across him just choked on his saliva.