14 (Tank!! Part 1)

Lana had gotten almost to the end of her chase. Xinn had gotten out of her grasp once more and escaped through a large iron door that went to the Ruby. She sighed and laid against it, taking the time to catch her breath. 

Lana: *Sigh.. Damn her.. She'll get to the Ruby first.. and this mission will be a complete failure! If she gets ahold of that thing.. I'll be a huge disappointment  to the town.. and my family..

She got out her phone and looked through her pictures until she found an old family photo of them all grouped up when they were all little. She smiled as she got a sudden wave of nostalgia from looking back on the memories.

Lana: Lori was about to leave for college after this. One last picture all together and now we're back together.. as a.. team..

Lana wiped away a few tears of happiness and put away her phone, done with the trip down memory lane.

Lana: Maybe when I get home, I can tell the others I'm the famous mutant protecting the town! That would make for an interesting conversation that's for sure. Though.. There's also the fear thry might get freaked out over the whole mutant thing unless Lisa explains it cause she sure can explain a situation better than me, that's for sure.

Lana them stood up as she noticed another vent was up near the door. She looked like she could fit in it too!

Lana: What is it with these large convenient vents? And why the hell am I complaining about it?

Lana took her chance and climbed into the vent to get Xinn.

- Meanwhile -

Xinn was walking down a long corridor to the ruby. She would be running but she has exhausted herself from the constant running that she needed to slow down. 

Xinn: Huff.. Damn that girl! She's been a pain in the neck ever since she stopped the crime at the Workshop. Now she's slowing me down from getting my prize! No matter, i'll kick her ass soon enough and rain havoc upon the entire world! Hahahaha!!!

As Xinn walked through the hallway, she saw a large window showing the large room holding the giant ruby. It looked magnificent! Like a gift from the heavens being confined from the rest of humanity!! It was hooked up to a large container with wires and such connected to it, most likely providing power to The Fortress. 

Xinn: Hmm.. Taking this will be hard if I don't want to get electrocuted by it's power. Maybe I can make that frog girl use one of the blades on the container and break it open? Only hard part would be getting her to aim at me when I'm close which could get me killed if I'm not careful enough.. that and she could break the damn ruby.

Xinn went silent, thinking over her options on how to proceed. She could just take the long and less harmful route and find a way to shut it off or go along with the shorter but more dangerous way of letting the Royal Frog fight her and break the glass open with her arm blades.

Xinn: *sigh.. I have no choice but to go with option A. I'm already pressed for time as is. Besides, not even my powered form could possibly take the amount of energy the Ruby makes. It's just too risky.

Xinn continued her walk and took out her phone to call someone.

Xinn: Hey Omega. What's the status?

Omega: Uhhh.. Not doing too swell. That pink girl kinda drove me off to get more reinforcements.

Xinn: Good. Then the plan is doing swimmingly! Bring back the secret weapon we stole. Those two pests are going to be in for a treat when the reinforcements arrive.