Part Twenty-Four: War Is Coming... Again

Bellamy's POV

Bellamy's POV

I grabbed the food tray that goes to Dante's room, making my way towards his cell, keeping my head low as I unlocked it with a key card Maya gave me. The door to his cell opened, making my way in, the old guy standing in the middle of the room looking at me as I closed the door behind me.

"Your evening meal, President Wallace," I softly spoke, picking my head up to look at him. He looked over at me as I did the same, a prominent frown on his face. President Wallace began to make his way towards me and I swiftly moved my free hand to my gun, in case he tries anything. He turned up the music on his record player and I moved across the room to place his meal on the small table.

"Who are you?" Dante asked me as I continued setting his food out.

"Jasper sent me," I mumbled, looking at the nicely dressed man out of the corner of my eyes. "We need your help. Your son is killing my friends."

"I'm a prisoner... the same as them," Dante mentioned as I bit the inside of my cheek. I finished putting out his food, holding the tray in one of my hands.

"A prisoner who knows every inch of this mountain, every security measure," I tell him, keeping my head low to not show my face in the camera that's placed above his door. I walked over to a different table, picking up empty plates, placing them on the tray.

"Who's helping you?" President Wallace asked as he stood beside me.

"That's not important right now," I muttered, not giving out the fact that Maya's helping me get around this damn place.

"After Clarke escaped, I had all exits fortified," he mentioned, picking up a plate that held a teacup on it, "and put under extra surveillance. My son has no doubt changed all access and entrance codes by now. Your friends will never even make it off level five."

"I won't let them die here," I muttered, staring at the bed in front of me, turning my gaze towards him.

"I'm sorry. I can't help them escape," Dante told me and I sighed internally, beginning to think this is a waste of my time as I threw a napkin onto the tray, heading towards the door. "But I may be able to buy them some time."

-

I crawled through the vent system, making my way towards the tunnel, seeing a ladder at the opening. I grunted as I draped my legs off of the edge, slowly getting onto the ladder.

"Talk to me. What you see?" Raven muttered and I looked up, feeling sweat coating my face.

"Close your eyes. Imagine a bottomless pit," I told her and I could hear Britt chuckle in the background, glad to know that she's still at the Ark.

"Just stick with it," the mechanic told me as I began to climb up the ladder. "According to Dante's coordinates, you're almost there."