Part Five: Me? Hunting?

Clarke, Monty, Audrey, and I were on the top floor of the dropship with Jasper who's been moaning and groaning for hours on end

Clarke, Monty, Audrey, and I were on the top floor of the dropship with Jasper who's been moaning and groaning for hours on end. I can feel my anxiety going through the roof as I watched him writhe in pain. Clarke was checking his pulse with her watch, frowning at the result.

"His pulse is thready," she muttered, furrowing her eyebrows together as I bit my nails. Yells from downstairs began to get louder, basically telling us to kill Jasper so they can get some sleep.

I softly ran my fingers through his hair, sniffling as a few tears streamed down my face. "Don't listen to them. You're gonna make it through this, okay? I promise," I whispered, smiling softly at the pale sweaty boy, earning a few gasps and moans in response.

"I'm gonna get clean water. Keep an eye on him," Clarke stated out to the room before going down the ladder. I could feel my lip trembling as Jasper groaned in pain again, not being able to take it much longer.

I stood up, placing something soft under his head, so he doesn't hurt himself anymore before beginning to go down the ladder. "Where are you going?" I heard Audrey ask me, looking over towards her as she rubbed her eyes.

"I just need to get some air. I'll be back," I told her, going down the ladder before walking out of the dropship. I wiped the tears from my face, taking a deep breath, walking towards the largest tent in camp. I stood outside of it for a minute, wondering if this is a good idea or not. Fuck it. He said I could. I opened the flap, walking inside to find it empty. "And he's not here," I muttered to myself, sighing quietly as I sat down on his bed, toying with the ends of my fingers. What if Jasper dies? I'm thought of almost everything my mother taught me and nothing. He's going to die because of me... My breathing became heavier, feeling my chest tighten up as I begin to have an anxiety attack. I jumped when I heard the flap of Bellamy's tent open, scrambling farther back on the bed as he walked in, his eyes wide, surprised that I'm here.

"Brittney? What's wrong?" Bellamy asked, coming towards me as I tried to muster up some words.

"I-I can't-," I cut myself off with a groan, clutching my chest as it began to hurt. Tears radiply slid down my cheeks, feeling my hands shake as Bellamy quickly moved so he was in front of me, his eyes erratically looking over my face.

"I need you to look at me, okay? Just look into my eyes and breathe with me," he whispered, taking my face into his hands. I stared into his dark brown eyes, focusing on his breathing as I began to copy it. "There you go. You got it," he quietly muttered, his thumbs rubbing my cheekbones as I continued to slowly breathe in through my nose and exhale through my mouth.

"Thank you," I murmured, giving him a small smile. Bellamy sat down beside me, his large hand softly rubbing my back as we sat in silence for a minute.

"Everything okay?" He asked and I shook my head, no, looking up at him. Bellamy pulled me closer to him, wrapping arms around me as I rested my head on his chest.