Part Six: A Banishing

Audrey, Finn, Monty, Octavia, and I were all on the third floor of the dropship

Audrey, Finn, Monty, Octavia, and I were all on the third floor of the dropship. My eyes were glued to my unconscious best friend, watching him rest as the others were taking sips of some whiskey Finn had found when they were trapped in a hundred-year-old van. I glanced towards them, chuckling as Monty coughed a bit after taking a swig of the amber liquid, noticing Finn's arm draped around Aud's shoulder. Is it bad that we could all die down here, but I'm silently rooting for my best friend to get laid? No? Good. I quietly laughed at my own thought, shaking my head as Monty passes O the bottle.

I watched her as she took a swig of it, her face scrunching up as she pulled the bottle away from her lips. "Disgusting. Love it," she stated and I laughed. Octavia passed it towards me and my eyes widened, never actually having any kind of alcohol before.

"Uhm, pass?" I questioned, furrowing my eyebrows as they chuckled. I could feel my cheeks heat up in embarrassment as Finn shook his head, a grin on his lips.

"Man it's true what they say up there,' he muttered and I looked towards him, confused by his comment. "You don't know? Well, a lot of people who know you claim you to be the innocent girl. A girl who's never done anything wrong in her life, until she got arrested that is." I frowned at the accusation, my eyebrows still furrowed together as I scoffed. I can be fun, daring, rebelish.

"I-I'm not innocent!" I claimed, sitting up straighter as they all laughed once more, "I'm not!" I groaned, taking the bottle from Octavia's hand before chugging a good portion of the liquid, feeling it burn as it slid down my throat. I pressed the back of my hand to my lips, swallowing the alcohol before a cough escapes my lips. "Jesus," I muttered, smacking my lips together as the bitter aftertaste filled my mouth.

As I was about to hand it to Finn, a very familiar voice called out to us. "Did I just see the Brittney Moore drink liquor?" Jasper asked breathlessly and I looked over towards him, seeing his head picked up, a lazy grin on his face.

"Jasper!" I squealed, handing Finn the bottle as I made my way towards him, along with the rest of the group. "Oh my god, I knew you'd be okay," I whispered, moving some of the hair out of his face.

"Can't get rid of me that easily, Britt. Now, uh, can I get a hit of that?" He motioned towards the aged whiskey and Finn chuckled, grabbing the canteen of water.

"Well, let's start with the soft stuff first," Finn laughed, holding Jasper's head up as he brought the canteen to his lips, giving him some water. "Welcome back, buddy."

Monty clasped his hand with Jasper's patting the back of it as he smiled down at his best friend. Aud and I were on both sides of his head, one of our hands on each of his shoulders as he let out a small chuckle.

"Was that a dream or did I get speared?" He asked and I let out a shaky laugh, my eyes stinging a bit as I couldn't believe he was alive and okay. Miracles I tell ya. Footsteps could be heard on the ladder as our eyes went towards the blonde that came up them.