"Don't get too excited," I told her causing her smile to fall. "It didn't mean anything."

"What do you mean it didn't mean anything?" she asked.

The lecture began and the voices in the room became silent. Lana was still whispering at me but I shushed her and focused on the lecture. Lana finally gave up and stared straight ahead.

After class we were headed outside. I was hoping all talk of the subject would be done, but I knew I was hoping for too much. Lana would never stop until I told her.

"What do you mean it didn't mean anything?" She was walking close beside me keeping up with my fast pace.

Derek and Grayson lingered behind us. Either they didn't care about knowing or they just didn't want to put in the effort to keep up with our walk.

"I mean it didn't mean anything, Lana."

"I know what that means, but what does that mean?" She pressured on for me to explain.

I had quickened my pace a bit but came to a quick stop and she slammed into my back. I turned around to face her. "It simply means that we hooked up but there's nothing else. No feelings involved. No relationship in the future." I started walking again.

"But why?" She was still keeping up with me.

We had made it back to our dorm building, now. We walked inside and up the flight of stairs. Lana's was on the third floor but she stopped at mine. Derek and Grayson were standing there seeming a bit out of place. Maybe they were wondering if they should even be here involved in our conversation without actually being involved.

"He still has feelings for his ex." I shrugged. "It's not a big deal. It was fun and that's all."

"Are you not upset?" she asked, concern etched on her face.

"Why would I be?" My brows pulled together. "I barely know him." That was the truth. I did barely know him and it didn't bother me. Sure maybe the first night overlooking the city we got carried away in the heat of the moment, but the next night we agreed it was nothing more than a night of fun, and I was fine with that. He was upset over his girlfriend ending things with him and I hadn't had sex in three months, but I wasn't looking for a relationship. So yeah, maybe it wasn't the best decision we made, but we made it and had a good time.

"You can go to your room now. I'm not going to fall to pieces if you leave." I laughed. She was still looking at me like I was some fragile girl who just had her heart broken.

"Promise?" she asked.

"Yes." I rolled my eyes at her, but I knew she just cared. "It really didn't mean anything. I wouldn't lie to you."

"Okay." Her concerned look left her face. "Well, since we're talking about my room," she began but stopped.

"What?" I asked her after seconds too long of silence.

"I was hoping I could move in with you."

"What?" My eyes widened. "Why?"

"My roommate creeps me out."

"I'm sure she's not that bad," I told her.

"She talks to herself, El." Her expression changed; she looked scared.

"You talk to yourself sometimes."

"No, I mean really talks to herself. Like she has conversations to the air or something."

Grayson and Derek laughed behind her, the first noise they'd made since we'd left class. She jerked her head back staring them down. "It's not funny. I'm being serious."