The night of the Comet

Start from the beginning

" I...I'm sorry for barging in. The door was...open." She says.

"You must be Elena and Lottie. I'm Damon, Stefan's brother." Damon says, he looks like an ass.

"He didn't tell me he had a brother." E says

"Well, Stefan's not one to brag. Please, come. I'm sure Stefan will be along any second." he says.

"Wow. This is your living room?" I ask.

"Living room, parlor, Sotheby's auction. It's a little kitschy for my taste. I see why my brother's so smitten. It's about time. For a while there, I never thought he'd get over the last one. Nearly destroyed him." Damon says.

"The last one?" E asks confused.

"Yeah. Katherine, his girlfriend? Oh, you two haven't had the awkward exes conversation yet." Damon says, lets call him Dass.

"Nope" E says.

"Oops. Well, I'm sure it'll come up now. Or maybe he didn't want to tell you because he didn't want you to think he was on the rebound. We all know how those relationships end." Dass says.

"You say it like every relationship is doomed to end." I say.

"I'm a fatalist. Hello, Stefan." Ass says.

"Elena. Lottie I didn't know you guys were coming over." Stefan says.

"I know. I should have called, I just..." E says.

"Oh, don't be silly. You're welcome any time. aren't they Stefan? You know, I should break out the family photo albums or some home movies. But...I have to warn you. He wasn't always such a looker." Damon says.

"Thank you for stopping by, Elena.Lottie. Nice to see you." Stefan says.

"Yeah, We should probably go. It was nice to meet you, Damon." E says.

"Great meeting you, too, Elena. Lottie." He waves at us. Stefan is blocking E's and I way as he stares at Damon.

"Stefan....Stefan?" E asks. Stefan moves, E and I leave.

•    •    •    •

"Good, good. Doctor said you could come home tomorrow. Vick, what attacked you in the woods?" Matt says.

"An animal. What else could it have been?" Vick says as Jeremy and I arrive.

"Hey. How do you feel?" I ask rushing to her side.

"I'm okay." She says giving me a small smile

"I...I'm gonna...I'm gonna go grab a coffee. Hey, Jer, Hey Lottie." Matt says

"Wait, I want to go." I get up. "I love you but I need coffee, I'll be back in a few." I kiss her forehead and walk with Matt. 

•    •    •    •

Jeremy enters the house. Aunt Jenna, E and I are talking about our day.

"Jeremy? Jeremy, where were you?" Jenna asks.

"More stoner stories? Look, Jenna, I get it, you were cool. And so that's...that's cool." Jer says.

"Oh, no, no, no!" Jenna says as she throws an apple at Jeremy.

"Ow! Why? Why...why did you do that?" He asks.

"Listen up! Quit ditching class or you're grounded. No discussion." Jenna says

"Parental authority, I like it. Sleep tight." Jer says making his way upstairs.

•    •    •    •