Chapter 12 || Confession Part 1

"Princess..." echoes a voice in the deep darkness.

Fae's eyes blink open but she is only met with pitch darkness around her. She looks around to see where that voice possibly came from. That soft voice... was familiar but from where? She stands realizing even below her feet was pure darkness. What is this? Her heart suddenly starts racing and she begins to panic. Where was she? When did they leave?!

"Princess..!" the voice calls even louder than before but before she could call out and run a direction, it was then her feet gave way and she began falling.

"Ahhhh!" she cries as she tries to grab onto something- anything!

"Faeona!" the voice shouts loud and clear and suddenly she's shaken to reality. What?

Her crimson eyes blink open and find striking golden eyes staring into her's worriedly. She tries to grasp the reality around her as she quickly looks around her surroundings. She was in the tavern room, clothes slightly disheveled; probably from her moving in her sleep, her hair felt slightly wet.

Obi was knelt on the bed as he had been trying to wake her for the last half hour. Seeing her come-to makes him sigh in relief. He watches her remember where she was and relaxes slightly,

"Are you alright, Princess?" he asks softly studying her face for anything he could read. Days ago, he could read her expressions with no problem but he couldn't now and it bothered him; more than he would like to admit.

Faeona places a hand on her chest and tries to calm her panicked heart. 'It was just a dream...' She breathes deeply and her gaze finally meets Obi's again. His eyes seem rather tired but he was filled with concern making her feel guilty for all this distress,

"I- I'm fine now Obi... thank you for waking me." She says as she feels her cheeks warm slightly noticing he was sitting on the bed. When her eyes meet his, he quickly stands from the bed and clears his throat, "S-sure, um, it seems you broke quite a sweat from your dream. Should I start a bath for you, miss?" He asks trying to be serious, looking away from her and towards the restroom door.

This makes Faeona's cheeks turn a rosy red and she jumps off bed, "N-no! I can do it myself!" she then rushes to the restroom and closes the door abruptly. Obi blinks faintly stunned by her brash behavior but then grazes a hand through his dark hair feeling his cheeks grow warm,

"I didn't mean anything by that." He mumbles turning around and slumps against the wall. He rests his head against the hard wood and processes what he saw on her legs last night.

"Princess?" he calls to Faeona after a few minutes. He heard the water pour into the tub and blushes hearing her rustling in the room. He tries not to think about it too much.

"Yeah?" she calls hearing him call her name. He sounded so close. Was he beside the door? She blushes thinking about it but shakes her head. She sits in the warm tub and cleanses herself.

"I am curious about why you ran away..." Silence fills the rooms except the splashing from the bathtub as Faeona finishes cleaning and steps out from the water. She dries off with the spare towels and replaces the clothing given to her by Cheri.

Realizing Faeona might not answer him or explain anything, Obi stood up, but just as he did so she opens the door to the bathroom and steps out. Her long damp hair sticks to her clothing but her crimson eyes stare at him,