13. Guess Whose Coming Back?

Chapter 13
Olivia

My head is pounding. "You got drunk again. Here I got you some aspirin." Danny spoke. "Thank you." I smiled and swallowed it. "Don't you have school today?" I asked. "Yeah. Ben is giving me a ride. "I'm really sorry Dan. I promise I'll pick you." I replied. He nodded and left.

I moved out two years ago tho this appartment. I took Danny with me. He is ten years old now but is more mature than he should be at this age. Mom and Dad didn't like it but they knew I wasn't going to back off. This apparent is for people like me. The residents are mostly bachelors like me. Ben lives downstairs.

I have been troubling him so much. I should get my shit together and just focus on living my life. I got ready for work. Working as Dad's secretary pays me well.

I drove to the office. "Jane get me the files of today's meetings and a coffee." I smiled at her and walked to my cabin. She brought me the things. It was lunch soon.

"So how's the boy?" Dad asked. "He's fine. He really takes good care of me." I chuckled. We were having lunch together. "Prince George informed that he'll be visiting this weekend. Make sure you come on time." He spoke. "Why am I needed?" I asked frowning. "Look dear I don't know what happened between you two but as Miss Castillo it's your duty. So don't make it hard for me." He spoke. "Fine. I'll be there." I replied.

The day passed and I got off work. I picked Danny from his basketball practice. "What do you wanna eat for dinner?" I asked and he thought. "Is Ben coming?" He asked. "Yes. Why do I feel you love him more than me?" I asked. "I love you the most! He comes second." He replied. I grinned at him. "I love you the most too." I replied.

I drove to a restaurant. "Hey big man!" Ben waved and he ran to him. "We are not getting drunk tonight right?" He asked and I hit his arm. "No." I replied. "How was school?" Ben asked Danny. He started to tell how things went. He replied enjoyed taking about basketball.

"Sis can I go to the basketball match with Ben this weekend?" He asked. "Sure. I have to go home. Can you take care of him for one night?" I asked. "Sure." He smiled. He is like an angel sent to me. I sometimes feel like I'm using him. But he says he's happy helping me.

I excused myself and walked to the washroom. I washed my hands. My phone buzzed. I walked out picking the call from Chris.

"Guess where are we." Vic spoke. I checked the caller ID once again and it read Chris. "Why are you calling from Chris's phone?" I asked. "That's a long story. Just guess where are we right now." She spoke. "You two are back!?" I asked and we both squeaked. "Oh god I can't wait to meet you!" I exclaimed.

"Your dad already invited us for dinner on Sunday." She spoke. "I can't wait to meet you two!" I was literally jumping. "See you soon." She spoke.

I walked back all happy and grinning. "Something happened in the girl's room?" Ben asked. "Chris and Vic are back!" I exclaimed. "Ohh." He plainly replied. "What was that?" I asked. "Nothing. You might as well forget me as they are back." He replied and I scoffed. "Come on Ben no one can replace you. I bet we four will be the best of friends." I spoke and he smiled.

"Who are they?" Danny asked. "They are my bessst friends." I replied smiling. "You'll like Chris a lot." I pulled his cheek.

*

"Why me dad?" I asked looking at the file. "You are my assistant remember. Come on you can do this." He spoke. I walked out frowning. "I'll just hand it to his assistant and leave. Yup." I drove to his office.

"Welcome Miss Castillo. Prince George is waiting for you in his office." The receptionist spoke. "He knew I was coming?" I asked. "Yes. Mr. Castillo." She replied. I took the elevator. The ladies on the counter smiled at me. "There's nothing between us." I told myself. The door opened and I saw Ric coming out.

"Long time no see Ric." I smiled. "Sorry. I've been busy." He smiled. "Surely you were." I replied. He looked down for a moment before looking at me. "Would you mind having a coffee with me after your work with Prince George is done?" He asked. "Sure. I bet you have some explanations to do." I replied.

He smiled and walked away. I knocked on his door. "You can enter Miss Castillo." The lady spoke. I pushed the doors and went in. He looked up at me from his desk.

"Good afternoon Miss Castillo." He smiled. I bit my tongue trying not to snap. "These are the files that require your signature. Make it quick." I gave him the file and crossed my hands against my chest.

"I'll have to read it before signing." He spoke. "I know. Just be quick." I replied. "Look at me while your talking to me." He spoke. I realized I have been checking his office. I turned to him. "Yeah. Sure." I replied. We both started a staring competition.

I rolled my eyes and looked away. "Just call me when your done signing." I walked to the door. "What if I have some doubts?" He asked and I turned to him. "I'm only a call away. Prince George." I walked out.

I saw Ric waiting for me. "This way Miss Castillo." He lead me to the balcony. We stood by the railings. He handed me the coffee. "I thought we were going out for coffee." I spoke. "I'm sorry. But I can't leave the office." He replied.

I drank the coffee. We were silent for a few minutes. "Start talking Rick. I don't have much time." I spoke. "Yeah." He replied.

#

I'm really sorry for the late update. I was feeling insecure about my writing and I got a writer's block. I'll try to update faster. Please bear with me for the time being:)