Forty Seven.

Excuse any mistakes and enjoy.

Dave's POV

"Was that the last box?" Faith asked me when I walked back to the front door, sweating.

"Yeah." I said breathing hard. I was about to walk inside the house, but she stopped me.

"Uh uh. You smell terrible. Go around back and take all that off. I don't need you smelling up my house."

"Man Faith quit playin. Move out the way." I looked at her irritated.

"Lighten up. It was a little jokey joke. Jeez." She moved to the side so I could come in. I walked in and made my way up the stairs. "Can I shower with you?" She asked following behind me and I could hear the smile and anticipation in her question.

"Nope."

"Why not?" She lightly chuckled, but there was no humor in it.

"Cause I don't want you to and I don't feel like doin none of that with you." I walked all the way to the room without her following behind me. I've been giving her the cold shoulder for the past week. Before y'all go in on a nigga, it's all apart of the plan. I'm proposing to her this weekend.

It may not have been smart to be so rude to her since we just moved, but the timing just happen to fall at the same time of the proposal. I'm taking her on a trip out of the country and then imma pop the question. Am I nervous? Absolutely. I think we are where we should be now and I can only hope she feels the same way.

We just moved all of our things into the new house in Atlanta. We didn't move into the house her grandmother gave her in North Carolina because we wanted that to be more of a vacation, family gathering type of house.

Being in the south is a lot different from New York. It's very slow and country as hell out here. Everywhere I look someone missing they teeth and they talk like they illiterate down here. It is truly the ghetto compared to where I'm from.

The kids are adjusting the best way they can. Kairi and Ace were not with none of this movin shit when we first told them. They were pissed when we told them, but after some heavy convincing, we got them to calm down a little bit. We told them that we'd be in a bigger house and that they'd meet a whole bunch of new friends here. That alone had my son geeked about moving since he's only four.

Kairi on the other hand still wasn't convinced. She's not a big fan of change. She likes set routines and this moved messed all that up. We let her have full creative control over her room to try and sway her some more and she took that offer, but she's still upset about us being here. She been short and quiet since we got here yesterday morning.

"Hey Da-"

"Can you leave me alone? You being mad annoying today." I interrupted Faith coming into the bathroom while I showered. "A nigga can't get no alone time in the damn bathroom." I mumbled and continued to lather my body.

"Sorry." She said low and sad, walking out of the bathroom fiddling with her fingers.

"Aye!" I yelled after her before she walked too far.

"Yes?" She poked her head in and spoke softly.

"I'm hungry."

"What do you want to eat?"

"I don't know. Figure it out." I gave her a look as if she was dumb for asking that question. Aight maybe I'm laying it on too thick, but it's all apart of the plan. We ain't got nothing to worry about. I got this.

Her face scrunched up and nodded. She casually walked further into the bathroom while I closed my eyes getting deeper under the shower head. Next thing I hear is the toilet flushing and the water burning the fuck outta my face.