Twenty Two.

The song should give you the vibe of the chapter, friends.....you'll know when to play it 🌚

Faith's POV

It's been a few hours since Dave said what he said and I'm still in shock. After he said it, I went to put Kairi to bed and then I came back and tried to go to sleep, but I couldn't. Did he really say he's in love with me and then fell asleep? I- I don't know what to say. Do I feel the same? Maybe. Yeah. But we haven't been together in so long. It's weird hearing it.

It's not like we've been saying "I love you" to each other. I haven't said "I love you", romantically, to anyone since that day. Hearing him say he's in love with me, honestly, scared me.

When I got with him, I saw myself turn into a vulnerable person. A woman, actually. I never got the chance to feel love like that until I got with David. He was the first person I thought about when I woke up and the last person when I went to sleep. I truly loved this man. I still do. I just don't want to give my all again and the shit backfires.

I moved from under him, seeing that he was peacefully sleeping, and made my way downstairs. I went into the kitchen to find any form of alcohol. I need it. Hennessy. I don't usually do dark liquor, but this will do. I grabbed a glass and poured me a little.

I took a gulp and let it run down my throat. It burned, but it took my mind off of the situation upstairs. I continued to do that with two more glasses.

"What are you doing?" I jumped hard when I heard a deep voice behind me. I turned around and it was Dave's dad. I low key rolled my eyes. I know this man doesn't like me. Why? I don't know and, quite frankly, I don't give a fuck. That's not my problem.

"Just- you know, having a little drink." I stood there awkwardly and raised my glass.

"Well obviously." He rolled his eyes, moving towards the fridge and looking through it.

"Did I do something wrong?" I just had to ask. I don't know what I did. You'd think I killed his dog or something.

"I don't know. Did you?" He looked over at me and question as if he was my father. My dad's dead so I'm going to need my mans to come correct.

I paused because I really want to go off on this man, but I was raised right and I may be working on getting back with his son. Me cursing his father out wouldn't give me any brownie points.

"Mr.Brewster why do you give me such a hard time? I'm respectful every time I come in here regardless of how you treat me. I speak when I see you even though you don't do the same. I treat your wife with the upmost respect. She's like a second mom. Your granddaughter get love from me as if I birthed her. Your son....well we won't get into that, but you get where I'm going with this. Why do you treat me like shit? Do you hate me? What did I do?" I think the alcohol helped a little with me confronting this man.

He observed me for a second. He grabbed a glass then went and sat at the bar. "Come have a seat, Faith and bring that with you." He motioned towards the bottle sitting on the counter.

I didn't speak, I just grabbed everything and sat beside him in the other barstool. He grabbed the bottle and poured him some. He took a sip and sat his cup down.

He blew out a breath. "I don't hate you, Faith. I actually think you are a fine young woman. Well put together. My problem with you is," he paused. "I can tell that you're weak." I scrunched my face. I took offense to what he said.

"Don't make that face." He continued. "It's true and you know it is. There's a lot of things that you shouldn't let David Jr. get away with, but you do. Why? I also feel that you're not cut out for the lifestyle that he has-"