Fourteen.

Sunday Afternoon

Faith's POV

Arriving to Dave's house I'm low key nervous. Yes I met his mom and Kairi one time, but now it's his dad  and brother. Now they all will be sitting down with me to get to know me as I will be getting to know them. Plus I'm still sore from the accident, but I don't want to take the pills because I feel my body can heal on its own.....if I was resting.

Stepping out of my truck I make my way to the front door. My fit today is simple. Slipped on a long cardigan, jeans, t shirt, and my ugg slippers. It's a chill, breezy, Sunday so I'm comfortable. I knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer it.

A few seconds later, Dave's brother swung the door open. "Who you?" He asked. Well this is awkward.

"Faith...." I awkwardly stated.

"Okay Faith....whatchu doin here?"

"Errol, boy move out of the way," Miss.Faye shoved him to the side. "Hi baby. I'm glad you made it. Come inside." She smiled and grabbed my hand to guide me into the house. I lightly smiled. She's so welcoming of me even though David and I are not together.

"Errol this is Faith. Dave's "friend"." She threw up quotations around friend and smirked at me. "Faith this is Errol, David Jr.'s younger brother and my baby boy." She smiled at him and rubbed his cheek.

"We are friends Miss.Faye," I chuckled. I turned to Errol. "And nice to meet you. Dave has spoke of you a few times." I held my hand out and we naturally dapped each other.

"I like his "friend" already. Knows how to greet mfers," he chuckled and nodded in approval which caused me to let out a chuckle. "Wait. You that jawn from L.A., ain't chu? Whatchu doing in New York?" We made our way into the living room and sat down. They're house is nice asf.

"I actually live here. I'm a student at NYU. I was over there because I was doing an internship. We gotta have one to graduate and in a month and some change I'll be walking." I'm so excited to be done. I'm taking the longest nap after I graduate.

"That's what's up. Keep doing yo thang. Well imma go get Dave." Errol said standing up.

"It's actually supposed to be a "surprise" according to your mom." I laughed.

"IT IS A SURPRISE!" I heard her yell from the kitchen in a sing song tone.

I looked surprised myself since I didn't know she could hear me. "Oh yeah momma got some good ears." Errol laughed.

A few seconds later we heard heavy footsteps come down the stairs. Looking over to the staircase I see Mr.Brewster making an appearance. I don't know why, but I got timid. Their dad just looks really intimidating...

"Who this?" He asked when he saw me. "Errol this somebody you messing with?" I shook my head so fast.

"No sir. I'm Faith. A friend of David's" I stood up to introduce myself.

"Oh. A friend huh? Hm," he studied me for a second. "Faye! Baby can you come here?" Aw that was cute.

"Why are you yelling David? What do you need? I'm cooking." She walked out of the kitchen wiping her hands.

"You meet David Jr.'s "friend"?" These quotations make me want to laugh.

She giggled. "I did. I'm the one that invited her over. She was at the hospital on Friday. She was also the young lady in the car with David..." she trailed off. I kind of looked down.

"Oh okay." He nodded and turned to me. "Hi I'm the original David," he smiled and shook my hand. "What did you say your name was again?"

"Faith."