Chapter 9

^Creepy Hospital^

Rhea's POV

About an hour later my phone started to ring. I looked at the caller ID to see, "Rosalie." I ignored the call. A few hours later Dad called and said that he was going home. I told the boys that I was heading out and Paul offered to walk me back to the Clearwaters'.

"Rhea, are you sure that everything is fine?" Paul asked.

"I'm sure. I just miss him. But I guess you will always miss your soulmate," I answered. My phone started to ring once more and this time it was Ryan who was calling me. I hit ignore once again.

"Who was it?"

"Ryan."

"Well, what does he want?"

"Probably to tell me that Edward's alive. To be honest I don't care. They made our lives hell for about half a year and I refuse to just forget it like that."

Paul didn't say anything after that. We arrived at Dad's car and I gave Paul a small hug before getting in the passenger side. Dad drove us home, the only sound was the radio playing quietly. Both of us too wrapped up in our storm of emotions to have a decent conversation. As he pulled into our muddy driveway I took notice of the fancy car belonging to a certain blonde Hale. Once the car was parked I practically ran to the front door. I could hear two sets of doors opening and closing but I didn't care. I bolted to my room before shutting the door.

"Rhea, can we please talk?" Rosalie softly said through the door. I guess Dad let her in.

"No," I said.

"Please, it's important. It's about Jasper."

I walked over to my door and opened it up a crack. "I don't care." I closed the door once more and slid down until I was sitting on the floor, my arms wrapped around my knees.

"I know that's a lie. I just want to know if Jasper's here. We haven't been in contact with him for months."

"What are you talking about? Jasper left me... Just like everyone else."

"What do you mean he left you? He wouldn't do that."

I got up off the floor and let Rosalie in my room. "I haven't seen him since before Christmas. I figured he went with you after realizing that I'm not worth it."

"We haven't seen him since we left here. At first, we thought that he was staying at the house and was mad at us but he isn't there-"

"I could have told you that if you would've answered my phone calls. I called you after I couldn't reach him, hoping that he was with you and just forgot to tell me."

"I never got your calls. Oh, Rhea... I am so sorry. I should've known that something was wrong but Alice reassured me that everything was fine. I should've trusted my instincts... Wait, if you haven't seen Jasper then where is he?"

"We have to find him." I walked over to my desk drawer and pulled out the Christmas present Jasper gave me. I opened it to find an antique jewelry box. I opened the box to find a simple ring. It was a gold band with a diamond in the center of what looked like a gold circle. I carefully put the ring back in the box and put the box in the back of my closet.

 I carefully put the ring back in the box and put the box in the back of my closet

We walked downstairs and I told Dad that Rosalie needed my help finding Jasper

We walked downstairs and I told Dad that Rosalie needed my help finding Jasper. Dad told us to be careful and if we couldn't find him then he would set up a task force in the morning. I thanked him and Rosalie drove us off to her house. We walked in the front door to find most everyone pacing.

"What happened? Where is he?" Ryan asked when they finally noticed our presence.

"He's missing. Rhe hasn't seen him since Christmas," Rosalie explained.

"How do we find him?" I asked.

"Alice?"

"That's just it. My vision shows me that he's with Rhea," Alice said.

"Wait... what if he is with me just not the real me. What if he's with a vampire that can make themselves look like me," I said.

"How does that help us?" Carlisle asked.

"We call the pack. Ask if they've seen anything, smelled anything suspicious and where."

"Why would they do that?" Edward asked.

"For me," Bella said. "Jake would do it for me. I know he would."

"Leave Jake out of this. We need a level head and Jake's screwed on backward. I'm calling Paul," I said pulling out my cell phone.

Thankfully Paul agreed to help. He said that there was a trace of a scent a few months ago but they thought it was nothing since they haven't smelled it since. Carlisle pulled out a map and Paul gave us the name of the location. It was on Cullen land so we set out. I forced Rosalie to carry me to the spot. Thankfully Edward left Bella at home.

We were outside an abandoned hospital. This is going to take a while, I thought. We walked inside and they used their vamp speed to check out the rooms. The ache in my heart seemed to lessen the further I walked into the building. I used that as my guide. I finally came to a room in the basement and the ache disappeared completely. I opened the door to find... "Jasper."