Chapter 13

Rhea's POV

Before I could move a muscle Jas had the door open and I was in his arms. We walked inside to find Laurent talking to Carlisle. He gave us a warning to not underestimate James or Victoria. After he left we went down to their garage. All I wanted to do was go back to Dad and wait for this mess Bella got us into to be over with. Jas kept me tucked by his side, not that I minded.

"I've had to fight our kind before," Ryan said walking over to some cabinets. "We're not easy to kill."

"But not impossible," Emmett finished grabbing a few things from said cabinet. "We'll tear him apart and burn the pieces."

"I don't relish in the thought of killing another creature, even a sadistic one like James," Carlisle said filling a bag with stuff.

"What if he kills one of us first?" Rose askes sitting on the countertop.

"I'm gonna run Bella south," Edward interrupted before anyone could answer Rose. "You lead the tracker away from here."

"No, Edward," Carlisle said shooting him down. "James knows you would never leave Bella. He'll follow you."

"I'll go with Bella," Alice offered. "Ryan and I will drive her south. I'll keep her safe, Edward."

"Can you keep your thoughts to yourself?" he asked.

"Yes," Alice scolded leading Bella to her car.

Edward took out two of Bella's jackets and tossed one to Rose and Esme, "Rosalie, Esme, could you put these on so the tracker will pick up Bella's scent?"

Rose got off the counter and dropped the jacket. "Why? What's she to me?" she asked defensively.

I left Jas's tight hold and walked over to Rose. Despite being mad at Bella I still wanted her to be safe. "Please Rose. For me," I said slowly handing her the jacket.

"Fine, for you." She stalked off over by Emmett.

"Thank you," I called after her knowing that she would hear me. I walked back over to Jas and asked, "What are we going to do?"

"You and I are going with Bella," he answered picking up my forgotten bag.

"How come he isn't after me?" I absentmindedly asked.

"Because you are my mate. Once a vampire meets their mate both lose their scent to the rest of the world except their mate. It helps ensure that the mate bond won't be tested."

"Oh, okay." I noticed Jas walking towards the same car Bella's in. "Different car please" I muttered knowing all the vampires would hear me. Thankfully Jas didn't question me and moved our stuff to a different car. I walked over to him and got in the passenger seat.

We followed Ryan and Alice, driving well over the speed limit. The drive was rather uneventful. Jas let me rant about Bella as well as offer advice. Mostly he sided with me. After I finished ranting I decided to take a quick nap. Every so often Jas would wake me up for a pit stop and a small snack. Once we made it to Arizona Jas pulled into a fancy hotel. The sun had yet to set but thankfully there was shade and a valet. Ryan had only booked one room so I was forced to be in the same vicinity as Bella.

We walked up to the room and I went to take a shower. When I had returned, fully dressed in a new outfit Jas informed me that he had ordered room service.

Alice gasps scaring me, "What is it?" Ryan asked moving to her side on the small couch. "What do you see?"

"The tracker. He just changed course," she said still in her vision.

I snuggled further into Jas's cold, hard chest.

"Where'd it take him, Alice?" Ryan asked sliding a piece of paper and a pencil in her hands.

"Mirrors. A room full of mirrors." Alice started to draw on the paper.

"Edward said the visions weren't always certain," Bella said moving away from the window.

"No, she sees the course people are on while they're on. If they change their mind the vision changes," Ryan explained.

"Okay, so the course threat the trackers on now is gonna lead him to a... ballet studio?"

"You've been there?" Jas asked.

"I took lessons as a kid. The school I went to had an arch just like that."

"Was your school here in Phoenix?" Ryan asked.

"Yeah." Bella's phone started ringing so she excused herself to answer it. A knock sounded at the front door. I jumped out of my skin and all three vampires sprang into action.

"Who is it?!" I called out.

"Room service," they answered.

I walked over to the door, Jas right behind me. I opened the door and sure enough, two silver cloches sat on top of a cloth-covered cart. I thanked him as Jas brought the cart into the room. I took off each lid seeing a salad and a mac n' cheese. I grabbed the mac n' cheese and smuggled back into Jas's embrace. Bella came out a few minutes later to eat her salad.

A few hours and one nap later Alice and Ryan went to check out. Claiming that we had to get away again. Jas helped me pack my things before joining his siblings. I told Jas I would wait for Bella to finish up.

"Bella, we have to go!" I called out as she was taking her sweet time.

"The tracker, he has mom," Bella said grabbing my hand and dragging me downstairs. Once we were in the lobby Bella started walking towards the cabs out front.

"Bella, stop." I yanked my arm back. "Jasper, Alice, Ryan, they can help us get Renee back. Just wait a minute."

"No, he will kill her if we bring anyone else. We have to go alone." She grabbed my arm once more and dragged me outside.

"No! I'm not going without Jasper." She ignored me and threw me in a waiting cab. I tried to open the door from the inside but it was locked. She told the driver to go to Mimi's ballet studio.

Quick AN:

I would like to give a shout out to @Queennn_Courtney and her book Our Forever Love. I think you guys should check it out.