Chapter 15

Prom dress
Jasper's POV

Rhea's breathing evened out and I tucked her closer to my side. Tonight was to close for comfort. I'm supposed to protect her and I almost failed. If Major hadn't alerted me to her leaving the building I fear what might have happened. She seemed so happy to see this Jay character that I had to keep myself in check. I was very close to ripping his throat out when she hugged him. Jay's pager beeped once more and he got up to go check on whoever was asking for him.

"I want to thank you," I said not looking up from Rhea.

"I'm sorry?" He asked confused.

"Thank you for saving her all those years ago and thank you for releasing her from this place. Every time she talks about Arizona it's nothing but bad memories. Thank you for being a good one."

"You're welcome. She reminded me of someone I once knew a long time ago. Someone who was different and was branded an outcast for it. I met her mother once and I could tell that home wasn't going to be the best place either. So the day before she left I asked her if she could go anywhere in the world where would it be and do you know what she said?"

"What?"

"Forks with her father. She was willing to return to a town that shunned her just to be with her father. I'm glad that she found her people and I'm glad it's you. I can tell you love her and she loves you. I've never seen her this happy." His pager beeped once more and he winced. "Sorry, I got to go. If she wakes, tell her that I'll try to come and see her when my shift gets over." He walked away before I could reply. Carlisle came back about a half an hour later and told me that Bella would be alright.

Rhea's POV

About a week later Bella was able to come home. We hadn't cleared the obvious rift between us but I was... happy she was okay. Today was prom. Rose made me get dressed up despite me telling her that I didn't want to go. Alice was getting ready at Bella's house, not that I cared. So Rose and I got ready at her house.

She insisted on doing my hair while Esme offered to do my makeup. I gladly accepted the help as I was hopeless with a makeup brush. After they finished Rose helped me into my baby blue dress. The dress had baggy ruffles from the waist down, giving it a certain flair. The shoulders draped down around my elbows and the dress had a small train.

I walked down their grand staircase and multiple gasps were heard. I looked up trying not to trip on the stairs, to see Jas slack-jawed. Emmett nudged him from behind and that snapped him out of his daze. He walked over to my side and helped me off the last stair.

"You look... beautiful," Jas whispered taking my hand and leading me over for pictures.

Esme and Carlisle took dozens of pictures. Happy pictures, silly pictures, serious pictures, couple pictures. While Esme was focused on Rose and Emmett, Jas dragged me to a secluded part of the room.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"I wanted to give you something," he said pulling a small box out of his pants pocket. I gently opened the lid to see a gold locket. "It belonged to my mother. She said it would lead me to my one true love. She was right." He took it out of the box and clasped it around my neck.

" He took it out of the box and clasped it around my neck

"I can't take this," I whispered, my throat tight.

"She would have wanted you to have it."

"I love it."

Jas set his hands on my waist and I closed my eyes. I felt cold lips on my forehead then I heard the click of a camera.

 I felt cold lips on my forehead then I heard the click of a camera

"Alright you two love birds, break it up," Emmett hollered.

Jas let out a feral growl and it sent shivers down my spine. "Enough Em, we're coming," I hollered back not moving from my spot. "What if we skipped?" I asked trying to keep my voice down as to not disappoint Rose or Esme.

"My sister would kill me," Jas whispered back a small chuckle coming from the back of his throat. "Darlin' what's wrong?"

"This just isn't me. Fancy dresses, heels, crowds... It's just not who I am."

"Then let's stay here. Our own prom."

"You would do that for me?"

"For you... I would do anything."

"Then you're going to need this," Rose said scaring me. I looked out in the backyard to see the entire thing illuminated.

"What's going on? What is all this?" I asked stunned.

"This is your own personal prom," Rose answered. "I knew real prom wasn't going to be your thing so I convinced  Ryan, Emmett, Carlisle, and Esme to help decorate the backyard. I turned away from the beautiful scene to give Rose a hug. She returned it with equal strength before giving me a light push towards Jas.

Soft melodies flooded my ears and I Jas walked me to the middle of the dance floor. He stopped walking and just stood there watching me. I slowly walked up to him and he pulled me close before we started to dance. He twirled me around the make-shift dance floor and I felt at peace.

"What do you see for us in the future?" Jas asked as he dipped me.

"I see... I see you down on one knee and before you even say anything I say yes. I see us appeasing Alice and Rose a lot. I see us hunting together and I see... I see me loving you forever. One day I see myself becoming like you," I answered. He started to say something but I  beat him to it. "Not today, not tomorrow but someday in the future. I want a human life but I also want you."

"This life is a curse-"

"This life brought me you. If you were human I never would have met you. I love you and I want an eternity but only if it's with you."

"I love you too."

Jas thankfully dropped the conversation. I knew we would revisit it but I was content with the here and now. As we danced and swayed completely oblivious to the set of eyes watching my sister. Eyes that promised revenge but most importantly they promised

DEATH

~Fin~

Roughly what the backyard looked like

AN
I will be doing a New Moon sequel.