25 - Bells Are Ringing

Start from the beginning

"Awh." Alice gushes as Nala laughs. "I'm glad he's happy. Now, nails." She sings as Nala groans. This is gonna be long.

-

Nala hums as she gently takes the hair rollers out, spraying the curls as she goes. One hour. That's all that's left until she's officially a Whitlock like her girls and her man. She's waited for this for what seems like forever, and now it's here it can't come quick enough.

Esme quietly leans in the bathroom doorway, watching her for a moment. "Have you made your decision?" She asks gently.

Nala looks at her from the reflection in the mirror. She nods gently. "Yeah... I don't want to cover anything up on my wedding day, the biggest day of my life, the most meaningful. I have to be me, and when I think about it these scars tell the story of Jasper and I. They're who I am now."

Esme smiles wide and goes over, kissing her cheek. "Gosh I am so proud of you love."

Nala blushes and smiles. "Go get the girls ready for me? Please.. I want to get dressed alone."

Esme nods and quietly leaves; Nala waits a moment before she goes to the closet and gets her dress, laying the emerald green piece on the bed. She smiles a little and takes her robe off gently, taking her time to put the dress on. One thing down, one less to do. All she has to do now is not lose her mind with nerves and have Alice pin her hair back. She wants her scars on show - as nerve wracking as it is - because as she said, they're who she is. Many people at the wedding won't know they're there, they may be shocked, whisper about them, wonder - but that's okay with her. It's took well over 6 years but she's here, alive and healthy, and they're who she is. That's that.

She smiles and admires herself in the mirror

She smiles and admires herself in the mirror. Light, see through fabric drapes over her arms as the fluffy trip across her bust and arms settles just right. The splits show her tan legs and the dress in general falls just right, complementing her figure and assets. It's the perfect dress - entirely untraditional but entirely what this wedding needs.

And just like thst her hair is done and her girls are ready. Effie wears a long sleeved grey dress with flowers over the belt, some little white booties and grey tights. Lilo wears a dress with a grey Tulle skirt, long sleeved lace top and some grey flats. She helped choose her mommas dress which makes it even more special to wear.