15 - Stepping Forward

"Jasper, she's had 3, stop." Nala scowls as he gets their daughter another hot dog.

"She's growing, it's fine." He grins as Lilo smirks triumphantly, biting the hot dog her dad gave her.

Nala huffs and rolls her eyes as they walk down the pier, the night lit up by all of the lights. They did take a family vacation, just before Nally graduates next week, but they came to California instead. Yeah, the sun is out but there has been some overcast days and they have done a lot of stuff in the evening which allows Li to have her afternoon naps uninterrupted.

It's been a dream vacation so far, just the three of them, but it has been partially overshadowed by the fact the divorce hearing is happening this weekend; they have to present their case to the judge as to why he should grant the divorce. It isn't going so great already, due to the fact the judge doesn't like that Nal ran away. She's worried her own actions to keep her and Lilo safe may have actually done the opposite.

Jasper squeezes her hand. "You okay?"

She smiles and nods as they walk 2 steps behind Li. "Yeah I'm good... Nervous." She admits at the end.

Jasper kisses her cheek. "Me too. But we cannot stop fighting right now."

She nods small. "Just... What if they say no? What if it all back fires and they make me go to therapy or something with him. He wants that, he wants to tear into me, into us."

Jasper sighs. "We'll face whatever is thrown at us, okay?" He looks down at her and smiles small. "I'd love to see him try, my love, because it'll be difficult to do so. A mates love is unbreakable." He tangles their fingers together and she kisses his knuckles.

"I love you." She smiles.

"Good." He sasses as they follow Lilo.

She points to one of the games. "I want a giraffe daddy."

He smiles. "You do huh? Well let's try and win it."

Lilo giggles excitedly and takes the dollar from her dad, giving it to the man. She throws the balls at the cans, only knocking one down. She sighs sadly. "I suck daddy."

"No you don't sweetheart, let's try again. Here." He hands her another dollar and the man hands her another set of balls. When she only has one left, she looks at Jasper and holds it out.

He smirks and takes it, playing with it for a moment before he throws it at the cans, knocking them all down. The man is stunned - how is that possible? They're nailed together! Jazz just grins and points to the big giraffe. "Shell have that one please."

He slowly hands it to Jasper, not wanting to mess with him no matter how pissed he is. Nala holds a laugh in as she sees the shock on the man's face, the smirk on her mates and the grin of pride on her daughters.

"Well, didn't expect papa to do that huh." She says as she takes her daughters hand.

Li giggles and shakes her head as she looks up at her dad. "That was cool."

"Coz I'm cool." He winks as they head back towards their hotel.

Li laughs hard. "Nope."

Jasper looks at Nala. "When did she get so grown up?"

Nala smiles. "I don't know... It makes me sad and happy and mad all at once."

Li grins, showing off the gaps in her teeth. "I'm big girl now, I don't need anyone."

"Nice try buttercup, of course you do." They laugh as she scowls.

Nala kisses her head. "You'll always be my baby girl, no matter how big you get."