Chapter 12

Mingyu was whistling as he wandered around the student festival. Jackson and Eunwoo were still arguing behind him, whether they should join the hockey club.

They walked through the sea of students in the area. Their tall height helped them to easily scanned the popular stand and paid a visit. Mingyu looked at many interesting, colorful banners as he passed by. The bustling and chattering sound was all familiar and common in any festival.

"Jack, that would be too extreme, why don't we just join soccer?" Eunwoo insisted. As they passed by some tarot reading stand where many girls were queuing to get their future read by some con artists.

Some random girls were turning their heads at them, fascinatedly. Mostly giggling and pointing shamelessly. Mingyu smirked as he knew, most of them fancied Eunwoo's gentle looks. Proven by their widened eyes when Eunwoo slowed his pace down to argue with Jackson. The girls started to squeal. Mingyu glanced at Eunwoo who didn't even realize about all the attention. His brows furrowing at every word Jackson spilled.

"Soccer, you have played since kindergarten! Try something new won't kill you!" Jackson tried to explain his decision.

"But we have too much in our hands, Jack, we might die if we join hockey too. Those assignments! We barely catch our breath each day," Eunwoo sounded desperate.

Jackson heaved a sigh, tried to appear as wise as possible while patted Eunwoo's shoulder.

"My dear love, Cha Eunwoo, you're stressed. And trust me, the remedy is sports." Jackson flashed a saccharine smile to his best friend.

"Soccer is sports too, Jack." Eunwoo clenched his jaw.

Mingyu turned around to face his two best friends and gave them an understanding gaze.

"Woo, if you're not joining hockey club, we'll break up!" Mingyu stomped his feet on the ground like a kid.

Eunwoo shot him a bitchy look as he walked past Mingyu. "Gyu, behave."

"I don't care," Mingyu said. Him being clingy to Eunwoo was nothing new. As he slung his arm on his best friend's shoulder.

Jackson laughed at Eunwoo's annoyed face. While Eunwoo's forehead creased as Mingyu pulled his shoulder tighter.

After walking a few blocks of stands, Mingyu caught an interesting scene at one of the stands. It was a charity stand of the current engineering student body. A nerdy boy was being scolded harshly by none other, the secretary of the current student body.

Mingyu let go of Eunwoo's shoulder, while saying, "meet me at the amphi's gate; you guys go ahead!"

Jackson raised his brows at his sudden leaving, but tagged along with Eunwoo who appeared unbothered at all by Mingyu's cryptic message.

He strode toward the stand of calamity, approached the fuming senior, and gave him a quick but courteous bow. "Good morning, Seunghoon sunbaenim!" Mingyu greeted lightly.

"Oh, hi, Mingyu! Wants to join student body too? I think it's better to accept you than someone useless like him," Seunghoon cocked his head at one of Mingyu's friends who shrunk timidly in the corner.

"Aaah, did he do something wrong?" Mingyu dug in information in a polite curiosity.

"I asked him to bring the blue banner, yet he brought the green one, I wonder if he's color blind or something?" Seunghoon flipping a big book on the table, didn't bother to spare a glance at the poor boy.

"Isn't it impossible to be accepted in science school if we have color blindness? I don't think he's blind, probably just nervous," Mingyu defended his friend.