X

Russia looked around him. One moment he was in the hospital room, awake. The next moment he was in a giant field and everything was going black. "No no, not again! Don't fall asleep!" Russia shouted at himself. Everything faded to black but he never closed his eyes. "I'm not asleep..?" He asked himself. He looked around. In the far distance he heard a blood-chilling scream. Out of instinct, he ran towards it only to be stopped in place after running for about 10 seconds. A orange barrier of glass, the same color orange that his powers were of blocked his path. On the other side, he saw a black figure with a red aura around it with a floating red X. In front of the figure he saw America. He knew exactly who the figure was. "Oh shit. America?! What did he do?!" Russia shouted as loud as he could, but the barrier wouldn't let them hear him. America laid on the ground shaking. A red light traveled up America's arm. "Just like what my power did... but it's hurting him!" Russia panicked. America was his friend now... right? Either way, Russia wanted their old friendship back, and Russia would be there for America like he was there for him when he was in the hospital. Russia tried to break the orange barrier but every time he'd hit it it would pulse orange and become more dim, making it harder to see them. 

America covered his ears, obviously having to do something with the voices of his power. The blue triangle above his head started to turn upside down ever so slowly.

America managed to look around, and he noticed Russia. He called out to his but no sound came. Russia noticed him and then noticed the unknown country. In his hand, a scythe, with the blade a glowing orange appeared. It happened so fast, but now the unknown country was gone and the pain faded. 

The pain in his arm moved to his torso, making his body feel like it was on fire. What just happened never really happened, it was just another illusion of his mind. "D-damnit." America said aloud to himself. The unknown country moved closer to America and got on his level. "See? Russia won't help you. If he cared he would try to break the barrier his own magic makes. Ha! His own magic even hates you." The unknown country kicked America right in the stomach and sent him flying into the barrier. 

"America!" Russia yelled, the barrier still not letting them hear him. Russia kept trying to break the barrier, even more now. America slowly turned around to face Russia and gave him a weak smile. 

"No, see, he's trying..." America muttered, pushing himself up off the black, cold, ground. The red traveled across his body and legs, going up his neck and down his other arm. Weakness swarmed America as the red covered his vision. He felt back on the ground and slowly fell asleep as memories once missing flooded his mind.

YEARS AGO:

"Russia!!!" America shouted from his window when Russia was walking up the steps to America's house. They would hang out everyday and do their homework everyday after school. Today was the last day of school before summer. 

Day after day.

Season after season.

Every waking moment, they were together. Never apart. Best-friends.

"R-russia." America stumbled over his words. He was shaking so much his flower crown was going to fall off.

"America, stop shaking so much! You're going to fall and get hurt..." Russia held onto America's shoulders trying to get him to stop shaking. He was so caring to America.

"I- I like you! Like-like you!" America shouted, his eyes tearing up from adrenaline. Russia let go of America and took a step back. What made it worse, was that this was outside of Russia's house. Russia's dad, USSR, was extremely homophobic.

Not knowing how to respond, and being raised to be homophobic, and going against his own feelings he shouted, "You!.. You... You disgrace for a human! Go away!"Doing as Russia said, America ran. and he kept running until he was lost. Tears running down his face, and exhausted from running for such a long time 

He vision was blurry and dull. It felt like someone took a knife and stabbed him in the chest, then pulled out his heart and lungs. He stumbled forwards, unaware of his surroundings. He tripped over his own two feet and landed smack-dab right into a tree. 

"Dang..." He mumbled sitting up. He felt his head and looked at his hand. Red. Red was all he saw before the darkness.

Hours passed and he still did wake up.

While The UN was walked passed the woods he noticed the figure of a body. Curious, he walked closer and realized who it is. America was lying on the dirt and grass, blood dripping from his head. A deep scratch was engraved into his forehead and his flower crown was blood covered and damaged. 

"Poor child." UN said looking through America's memories. UN decided to wipe his memories. Sadly, he cannot remove the emotional trauma from the event. 

UN used his tie to put pressure on the scratch and picked up America. 

"Let's get you home..."

END OF FLASHBACK:

America stood up, weakly, but now he has wings. The red on his faded to show a pitch black halo with spikes around his head. His eye patch was taken off to reveal his black eye to show the lack of culture. (America has so many cultures in the one culture he has one black eye). The outfit he wore as a kid, the green sweater and overalls was back but now the sweater was a blue-black sweater and the overalls were white.

aaaaaaaaa I don't got much to say about this but I'm tired and I'm gonna sleep now. I SWEAR I'LL UPDATE "Beautiful Lies" SOON I'M WORKING ON AN ANIMATION FOR IT FIRST-

AAAA THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 3k READS THATS LIKE SO MUCH OML-