Shaking my head being disappointed at myself, I slump my body against the wall in the hallway. That's where I walked to apparently. Just three feet or so outside my own bedroom door.

After rubbing my eyes clean of sleep, I open them back up. Only I notice a low blue glow coming from downstairs.

My eyebrows crease with the confusion washing over me.

I glance back at the bedroom door before I make my way downstairs.

Stepping on the tips of my toes, I make as little noise as possible. Skipping over every known creek that I have memorized.

Peeking around the corner, I find the glow resonating from Greyson's office.

I pause my steps feeling an uncomfortable chill run down my spine. Who would be in Greyson's office at this time?

Swallowing my breath I take the rest of my steps to the room. My hands feel clammy as I hide behind the wall. But as I sniff the air trying to catch a scent, my heart soon decreases in speed. My worrisome state subsiding.

Walking around the corner into the office, I tuck my hair behind my ears. "Isaac what're you doing in here so late?" I whisper.

He jumps from my sudden appearance, looking up to me after clicking a couple times.  "Sorry, I didn't know you'd be awake." He whispers back. "I'm just looking at the lead Greyson gave me about my pack. He only gave me until the spring to stay here, so I'm trying to get a head start on trying to find them."

Nodding my head I slump in one of the chairs Grey has scattered in the room.

Grey told Isaac that he can only stay until winter is over, it took a lot of convincing on my part to get him to agree.

It's not a surprise when I say that Greyson still very much dislikes him, little does he trust him.

"Have you found anything?" I ask resting my cheek on my hand. I watch as his eyes flick around the screen rapidly.

"Not entirely," he sighs. His eyes connect with mine for a second. "All I've found is death reports from some of my pack members."

"Death reports?" I sit up quickly once I see him nod.

"Like I said, my Alpha and Luna don't exactly run their pack like you and Greyson." He smiles but there is definitely no humor in his expression. "Starvation, poverty, violence, the list goes on."

"Why do you want to go back?"

"I don't," he tells me quickly looking up from his screen. "I mean," he sighs falling back in the chair. "I want to go back to my family, but not the pack life."

Biting my lip, running a hand down my face. 

I open my mouth to further question him, but then I hear quick and heavy steps running around upstairs. My head whips around quickly when a worried voice calls, "Willa!" 

Standing up, my heart thundering from the hurt and scared voice exclaim from Grey.

"Grey, where could she have gone?" Koda then asks quickly.

Oh no.

"I-the pond. She must ha-"

Running out from the office, I stop at the end of the stairs. Which by then, Greyson was about to come down. "I'm right here, I didn't leave the house."

Instantly, he sprints down the stairs. It only takes a second for him to pick me off my feet capturing my body in his arms.

Wrapping my legs around his waist, I hold onto him tight letting him calm down. 

Alpha's Little Lunaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें