Chapter Thirteen

The next week was radio silence from Vanessa. and I'm not sure if it was because of Daniel and I, or because she really didn't want to call me. Maybe she made up her mind. Then again, over the winter break she wouldn't have seen Daniel and I. Hunter was happy for me, but nothing was really decided.

Yes, I kissed Daniel.

Were we dating? No. Not exactly.

We were just taking things as they came. not much changed between Daniel and I besides, obvious spurts of flirtation and Affection. We still hung out the same. We still laughed at each other the same, if not maybe a bit more. My mom had asked questions, shockingly. To be honest I never really thought she was interested in what Daniel and I did with our lives.

"You laugh more than you used to, and you spend hours in your room with the door closed, I'm not stupid." She had said.

This made me chuckle. Because having the bedroom door closed meant that you were having sex, right?

Of course,

Always.

Without question.

I could laugh myself silly. It could be said that we convinced our parents we were dating, much to Daniel's moms distaste, I might add, but, the charade was as much fun as taunting her, even when it wasn't for doing so.

"Daniel! Supper time!" His mom shouted down the hallway.

Daniel pulled his mouth off mine and sat up giggling. He was cute when he giggled.

"Seriously she could be a human megaphone with that voice of hers!" I chuckled myself into a fit. Daniel shook his head, unable to stop laughing.

"Are you gonna be good in here?" He asked after getting up from his bed.

"Did you want food?" He questioned. I crawled over to him.

"Only if you can leave these in here for me." I pushed his lips out with his fingers and grazed them with my own.

He smiled. He had such a pretty smile. His teeth were perfect, and his lips framed them so well.

"I see how it is." He chuckled.

"I'll be back in a bit." He shook his head at me, and left the room for dinner.

It felt a little exhilarating to be in his room when I wasn't even tolerated on the property in the eyes of his mother. It was kind of fun, and it made my heart beat faster. To think we could be caught, it's one of the most adrenaline inducing things you can think of when you're a teenager. I let out a content sigh, toying with Daniel's sheets with my fingers. To think I'd ever be in his room with no pants on would have been laughable, but once I tasted how it had felt to be desired, I wanted nothing more than that. Daniel made me feel all kinds of things. He was quiet and introverted, which I found out I liked being as well. I hadn't been to a party in weeks, I'm sure Hunter missed me, and I'm sure people had questions, but I liked it. We had our own little bubble. Our own little secret bubble where we could kiss until our lips were chapped, laugh until we couldn't breathe, or sleep until we thought we were dead. At the same time, he made me felt alive, like he had reminded me what it's like to sneak around and lie, which, weren't the worst things we could have been doing. We hadn't even had sex at all. It was just fun to make out, and we were both content with it for the time being, it made everything feel more... intense. Imagine if we all just had sex the moment we found someone that made us happy, instead of enjoying the passion of turning each other on and leaving the torture there for days. It makes a person really fueled knowing there's someone out there who's dying to do more than just kiss you.