Chapter Seven

Vanessa blinked twice at me. I wasn't sure if I had meant what I had just said, but I couldn't take it back now. Vanessa wasn't a bad person or anything, it was the burning fact that I had spent my entire life straight, now I'm having second thoughts about this girl I didn't even want to speak to?

Vanessa looked down at the foot of my truck. She blinked once more, before returning her gaze to me, and spoke.

"Um, I think I need to go." She frowned.

Shit. Was it what I had said?

"I'm sorry-"

"No!" Vanessa laughed under her breath.

"Don't be sorry I just.."

"I need some time to think." She shook her head.

"With my dad coming back in a few short days, I can't be stressed with worrying about any kind of relationship."

"I get it." I nodded.

She smiled awkwardly.

"I still want you to come to supper though."

"Don't forget." She pointed at me.

"I won't." I shook my head smiling.

She pulled herself out of the truck, and shut the door, rather hard.

I pinched the bridge of my nose in thought. It seemed I had some thinking to do.

"Where's Vanessa?" Hunter asked me when I sat down next to him in art class the next day.

"I don't know." I shrugged.

"Haven't you teo been attached at the hip?" Hunter smirked, one eyebrow cocked into the air.

"I don't know, maybe." I shrugged again, feeling tired of the interrogations.

Where's Vanessa?

Did Vanessa say anything about me?

What did you tell her?

Are you and Vanessa friends now?

It was just slightly irritating being inbetween this. I don't know why I was doing his dirty work, and I don't know how he got me into the mess I was in.

I definitely wasn't going to tell him Vanessa and I kissed. He would be so angry with me. The whole time he's thought I've been trying to get him a chance, when I haven't even thought of it at all.

Vanessa doesn't like Hunter. I don't think she ever will.

"Why don't you just talk to her?" I asked him.

"Me?"

"You've got to be kidding me."

"I can't talk to a girl like that." Hunter shook his head.

"Why not? I thought you were Mr. Hotshot." I gave him quotes with my fingers as I chuckled.

"Yeah, well 'Mr. Hotshot' has only ever been in bed with preppy bitches, like Adrienne Hastings." He rolled his eyes.

"Adrienne."

"Daniel invited me to a party of hers, I think."

"Are you going to go?"

"With him, I mean?" Hunter raised his eyebrows.

I gave him a sour expression.

"I don't think so."

"Everything about that girl makes me sick."

"I couldn't stand being in her house." I shook my head.