Chapter Six

"So, what do you want me to wear to this dinner thing?" I asked looking through racks and racks of clothing in a little shop called Culture.

"Oh it doesn't matter, something nice but, comfortable for you." She said looking me up and down.

I frowned looking at myself in confusion too.

"Oh.. Okay." I smiled and shrugged.

"What are you gonna wear?" I asked her, pulling out a red halter top, and carrying it with me as a browzed.

"Well, not pink. That's for sure." She giggled.

I laughed.

"I wouldn't be caught dead wearing pink either, unless it would be to save a part of my life." I smiled.

She smiled, pulling out a dark blue top with a shimmery gold symbol on the front. She took it, and a black tank top with her. She smiled, running her hand smoothly against the rails of neatly hung clothes. She looked around the big store, most likely hoping to find something more suitable.

"You know?" I started a question.

"Yeah?"

"Have you ever tried wearing pink?" I asked her.

She shook her head looking at the blue shirt in question. She looked on the fence about most of the things she picked up.

"I like the blue one."

"Oh, you do?" She asked.

"Yeah, it'll make her hair pop out." I laughed.

"Im actually thinking of dying my hair." She said looking at the top.

"Huh? What color?"

"Brown." She said.

"That would look awesome, but do you really want to get rid of your red hair?" I asked.

"Oh it's been this color for years." She explained.

I nodded, watching her play with her bright red hair. She put her hair down, and picked up another shirt, green. I shook my head and giggled. She looked at me with a questioning look on her face. She looked back and forth between me and the shirt, and put it back.

"Okay, If you want to dye your hair brown, you'll have to go with red, not green." I smiled, and took her hand walking out of the store and into one beside it called Rio. The store was overly decorated to look like a beach paradise, and the lights in the store were dimmed low to comfort the eyes. Palm trees were scattered around the store, and a small selection of bright lights of all colors were in all different corners of the store.

"This stuff is girly." Vanessa said not really wanting to go any further into the store.

"Vanessa, I think, your not just looking for a shirt."

"I'm not?" She questioned.

"No. I think you want to make a good impression with your step dad because he doesn't come home often." I explained, watching her nodding her head, most likely thinking my theory made some sense.

"I guess, but, what am I looking for then?"

"Just trust me." I began pulling her again.

"And give the clothes a chance." I smiled at her as she groaned.

I handed her, a couple things of every color, and sent her to change. The first shirt she put on, was outrageously sparkley, and even I had to say no to that. Another one, was blue. It had an around the neck ribbons that tied up, but Vanessa was sure the way they hung so low down her back would bug her. One of the last ones she tried on, was purple, I don't think it fit right as it hung weird in the back.