Book 2 ; Chapter 24 - Take these

"Please tell me you're fucking with me?"

 "I wish I was" I say giving him a smirk. God, I put myself in these situations. 

"Okay, when you say shit like that it makes me crazy."

 "Sorry, habit."

 "Gaby they aren't coming." 

"yes they are."

 "No they fucking aren't! I'm not allowing it." 

"What are you gonna do? Stay outside the door all night, making sure they dont come in?" 

"yeah. pretty much."

 "okay good. now I can do whatever and whoever I want." His face turns in a deep shade of red. 

"Gabrielle Parker, I swear-" 

"Monty chill" The lunch bell rings, and we all head out into the halls until we go separate ways, Monty grabs my arm, pulling me back. "Monty just rel-"

 "No listen. If anyone looks at you, touches you or tries something with you. I swear to God I will kill them." 

"Then don't come." I say quickly pulling out of his hold, walking away towards my class that he is also in. He was silent the entire time our teacher is teaching which was rare, but right when she stopped and gave our assignment he turned around and opened his mouth.

 "Please tell me you were joking."

 "Jealous much?"

 "Hell no. I'm not the jealous type, but what's mine is mine. End of story."

 "Monty. We aren't together! You gotta stop this." 

"So that's it huh? You want someone else."

 "Don't start that."

 "Start what? I love you and you love me. But yet I'm still not good enough."

 "It's not like tha-" 

"No no, it's my fault. I keep on coming back and keep on getting hurt. One day I won't." He says turning back around waiting for the bell to rings which seemed like the longest 3 minutes of my life.

 I felt awful, its not his fault its mine, it always has and always will. He is good enough, he deserves so much more, he deserves everything he wants. He may seem like an asshole but he has a kind heart that no one sees except me, no one has the time and patience to uncover it.

 I walked out of 6th taking my time, dreading going into 7th but I have to. All the things he said, the way he must feel breaks my heart. He can't no, he shouldn't love me. I want him to be happy, just that happy shouldn't involve me. Scotty walks in and right away he knows what's wrong. He takes a seat next to me and leans back, "You love him don't you?" I look at him with guilt and sadness in my eyes. "Why can't you be with him? It's just torturing the two of you, I mean look at you."

 "Because Scotty, I'm fucked up. And I'm a lot to handle, I have problems and I don't want him dealing with that." 

"You know he doesn't see that right? Before you he used to be Mr. Trouble and now his whole life revolves around you. Literally the only motivation of him waking up in the morning is to see you."

 "But it shouldn't be like that." 

"The more you deny it the more it shows. And as much as I hate to say it, you guys were good together, for each other."

 "I don't think he wants anything to do with me anymore."

 "Hey we'll see tonight. And if he acts like a dick, then fuck him." I raise an eyebrow. "No don't fuck him, that nots what I meant, fuck me instead." His eyes go wide after he says that. "Yeah, but fuck him if he's an asshole."

 "Okay Scotty I get it." I say giggling watching him struggle.

 Hours have past and party is about to start, Jess and Zach came early but the whole time he was on the phone with his mom telling her he's spending the night at Bryces since their 'project' will be finished late. "yes mom, I'll text you when I'm about to go to bed. Yes," he then whispers "I love you too." Then hangs up. 

"Awwh Zachy, how cute." Jess and I say in unison. 

"You sure this is alright with your mom." Zach asks. "Or does she even know?" 

"Relax Zach, she texted after I got to school saying her schedule got packed, she won't be home till Wednesday. And it gives me time to sleep off whatever the hell will happen tonight and clean up."

 "okay sweet." 

My phone buzzes. "Awh shit."

 "What?" 

"it's Tony, says something is going on, I'll be back."

 "Wait your leaving?" Zach asks. 

"I'll be back, its gonna be real quick."

 I get into my car and drive the 10 minute drive to Tony's, he's waiting outside next to his car. "Hey! is everything okay?" I ask after I roll down my window, he gets in. 

"I need you to take these." He hands me the digital and original copy of the tapes. 

"What? Why?" 

"Gaby, it's a long story. But the police and no one will expect you to have them, no one can find these. Okay? I'll come back for them, I just need something to settle down."

 "Okay yeah, for sure." Tony looks off in the distance. 

"Is everything okay? Tony."

 "Just, theres a lot and I can't explain it now. Later though." He says getting out of my car. "now go have some fun at your party."

 "try and come." 

"I don't know I-"

 "please."

 "maybe."

 "okay, we're talking about this tomorrow or anytime this week. I love you." 

"I love you too." 

 My drive back home was insane, so many people calling and texting me, I couldn't focus, but as I pull up to my house I now knew why.