Book 2; Chapter 6 - I see you

My jaw dropped down onto my arm. Did he hear anything? Did he see anything? I started freaking out a bit because if he did, I had no idea how to explain myself, or even tell him what's up. "What do you mean he's outside?"

 "He's sitting in a chair, waiting till I get out." 

"You have got to be kidding me."

 "You gonna tell him?"

 "I don't know Alice, I'm scared."

 "Awh sweetheart, why?"

 "Monty has a temper, he gets jealous very easily and he's overprotective towards me."

 "You don't have to tell him about Adrian, just say you need time to breath and get back on your feet."

 "And what will happen when I come back and I'm not interested in him anymore, or someone slips something and he hears. Monty will come unglued and physically & literally kill him."

 "I think that's the best offer.... alright I gotta see another patient" I give her a helpless look. "Look I'll check in and if it sounds like you need help, I'll interrupt, alright?"

 "Okay."

 "Okay."

 I don't know what's wrong with me, why am I so scared to see the man that I love so much? Why do I not want to see him? Why couldn't I tell him the truth? My breaths and heartbeat got faster and faster seeing Alice walk out the door knowing who will walk in next, I just had to be calm, just be normal. The sight of seeing Monty walk in in some dark blue jeans, of course his red flannel, a gray jacket, some white vans, and a backwards baseball cap made me melt, especially when seeing a smirk come onto his face when he seen me. 

"Hi beautiful." He said shuffling over to me giving me a hug and tried kissing me, but played it off as if I didn't get that he was trying. "How have you been?" 

Good now since I have Adrian. "It's been okay."

 "Are you feeling better?" 

After that night with Adrian, 10x better "Yeah, not 100% there but, I'm working my way up." 

"That's good, you're acting like your normal self again, which I like." 

You're not gonna like the reason why. Shut up!! Why are you acting like this? Stop. "I just hope I can keep it that way."

 "Gaby, I've missed you so much, you have no idea," he started coming in closer and closer. "I can't wait till-" 

"I need to talk to you about something." Monty's eyes fixed onto mine in a furious way. 

"About what?" He ask stern. 

"Us." The look on his face made me want to run and hide, he waited for me to continue. "I think I need some space. Some space for me to breath and work on myself, instead of worrying about someone else and putting them before me." 

A faint laugh came out of his mouth. "You don't love me anymore. Do you?"

 "Never said that."

 "You're implying it!"

 "No I'm not! I'm taking care of myself for once and doing what I want for once! So if you have a problem with that you can-" 

"I can what?" My eyes started watering up, but I couldn't let him see.

 "You can get the hell out of my life." I said lowering my voice. 

"Wow. Alright." Monty got up and angrily rushed out the door, and that was it. He was gone. He didn't care about me or what I was feeling, which made me more madder than upset. All he cared about was himself and that was something I couldn't stand for.

 I hear a familiar voice at the door, "wow, that was intense...." Adrian said leaning up against the frame. 

I roll my eyes, "you can leave."

 "And miss shit like that, I don't think so." He said rolling in and taking a seat by my bed. "So what did you tell him?"

 "You didn't hear that part?"

 "I'm not a stalker darlin'" darlin'

'"Nothin, I just told him I needed space and work on myself and do what I want. And by the looks of it he took it hard and doesn't care about how I feel, so why should I care for him?"

 "Yeah, he didn't handle it very well, brother has some anger issues." 

"I never wanted to hurt him, if I did I would've said 'there is someone else', but I didn't. But he has no problem hurting me." 

"You don't need someone like that in your life, who makes you feel like trash." I sat there quiet looking down at the palms of my hands. "Gaby look at me, I see you" I look into his beautiful baby blue eyes that make me tremble."you are not disposable, you're not worthless. Alright?" 

"alright." I said as a shy smile came upon my face. 

"Alright." He said with he sexy deep voice. 

There was a long pause between us until Adrian broke out, "So.... am I that 'someone else'?" He asks turning his gaze towards me. 

"Adrian don't s-" 

"See I knew you had feelings for me." 

"Really? I had no idea." I said sarcastically. "All the times I freak out when I see you, you making my blood pump when you talk to me, making me fall into those blue beautiful eyes...... what were we talking about?" If you were me, you'd get lost in his eyes too.

 "You really feel that way about me?"

 "yeah...sorry that was a little too m-" I reply back embarrassed, but he cuts me off soothing the moment. 

"I thought this was one sided, I'm glad you feel that way because I've been feeling like that since the first day you volunteered here." Adrian gets up makes his way over to me, which I scoot over for him to lay down next to me. He wraps his arm around me while I lay next to him resting my face on his chest.

 I feel Adrian start to doze off as his breaths become faint and his body relaxes, I'm getting almost onto his level, but the only thing I was thinking about was Adrian's perfect 3 word reassurance, 'I see you'.