Book 2 ; Chapter 8 - I'm gonna fight

The look in Gaby's eyes seemed weird.....different. I couldn't tell what was going on, or what she was thinking like I normally do. "What's wrong?" 

"How was Monty today? Did you see him?"

 I sighed, "Yes, I did. He's....-" 

"I didn't mean to hurt him Jess, I didn't.... I- I- I love him , I really truly do.." 

"What about Adrian?" 

"That's the thing, I don't know how I feel! Every time I try to get Monty out of my head, something about him makes the hold on him stronger and stronger. I care about both of them Jess, I don't know what to do."  

"Gaby, you don't know what you want yet and that's fine, but at least let them know how you feel, before you lose both of them forever." 

"I dont think I can face Monty after the look he had today, it broke my heart, but so did he...... I know I know I'm complicated, everything I do or say is just crazy and confusing" (Authors note: go crazy! go stupid) <---(I literally just cackled in class because of that)   

"Hey! No you're not, you're just confused, Gaby you're 17 years old, you do not need to make any hard & fast decisions. But honestly I feel you should talk to them. BOTH of them, they deserve to know what you're feeling." There was a long pause of her just nodding, taking everything in. 

"Can you text Monty for me?"

 "Uh-h-yea-right-bu-uh? Sure."

 "Tell him to come by...again, no. Just tell him I need to talk to him."

 "What about Adrian?" 

"He probably already knows, for the little amount of time we've known each other, he catches on  my emotions pretty well. One thing I like about him." I texted Monty and he replied right after it delivered. 

*****

 Does she really?

Yes....If you want I can tell her you can't, she'll understand.

 No. I'm coming. Be there in about 10.

*****

    I turned to Gaby after I read the last text and she was already freaking out, popping her knuckles, biting her nails, everything. "Hey, everything is going to be alright they'll understand, hopefully....." 

"Monty.... hopefully." 

"Are you gonna tell him the truth? About Adrian?"

 "I want too. It just depends how it goes, you know...."

 "Yeah I get it, should I tell Adrian to not come in here unless he wants to be murdered?"

 "Stop!!!! Now I don't want to tell him." 

" Well I'm gonna go bug Adrian, we'll probably be eavesdropping, so let the curtain like this." I say getting up and pulling Gaby's curtain where she can't see the door. 

'"Oh! Get out of here!"  

 I get out of Gaby's room before Monty gets here, that would be awkward and I'm trying to get to Adrian's room before he makes a surprise visit and someone else will also be in there, besides me. That'd be SUPER awkward.   I hear the elevator doors prop open and rush into Adrian's room as fast as ever. This is like mission impossible, I love it.

 "Everything alright?" Adrian said straightening up, adjusting his laptop. 

"Monty's here."

 "Why the hell is he here?" He asks pissed. I turn around looking toward him with a cringe facial expression. 

"Yeah, about that..."

Gaby's POV

I was nervous, why lie. Really nervous, everything earlier went downhill and didn't end up the way I was hoping. I just hope he doesn't go off the handle, especially off the handle on Adrian. I just really want to tell him the truth, that's all I want. No secrets, no sweeping it under the rug, everything just out in the open. 

"Hey" Is all I hear from a familiar voice I heard earlier. Monty was standing against the frame of the door, reminding me Adrian. 

"Hi, Monty." There was a long awkward pause which I couldn't handle. "Look I'm sorry about-" 

"No I'm sorry, I was being an asshole and I said rude things to you because I was hurt,  I didn't mean any of it." 

"Thank you, I really needed to hear that."

 "So what did you need to talk to me about." 

I took a long deep breath. "I just need to be honest with you." 

"About what?"

 "About everything, everything that happened earlier."

 "Okay.." He says sitting on the chair, scooting it closer to me. 

"The truth is........ I can't believe I'm doing this, there's someone else." The look in Monty's eyes scared me, he clenched his fists and jaw. 

"Who is it?" 

"Monty, stop-" 

"Who. Is. It?" 

I hesitated for a moment, but I couldn't hold it in any longer. "His name is Adrian. I met him here, at the hospital."

 "So what you're telling him is that you want him."

 "I don't know what I want, but I wanted to tell you the truth. You deserve the truth." Monty eased up and looked like he was about about to cry. 

"You don't want me anymore." He said sniffling. My heart broke.  "Gaby, I never thought I could care so much about a person until I met you. I never thought this would go as far as it did, but there's something about you, that makes me weak and vulnerable. I've never felt that way with anyone." Listening to him made my eyes water. 

"Monty, look at me. I love you, I do. You were the first person I fell in love with. You share something special with me-" 

"Then Gaby, what's the problem? Let's just go back to being us, crazy, wild & in love."

 "Monty, I can't. There's something about Adrian that I can't let go. He means a lot to me, and so do you. So don't you dare make me choose."

 "Well what am I suppose to do Gaby? I can't share you, that's not how relationships work, I want you to be mine. All mine. Nobody else's."

 "I need time Monty, I don't what I want just yet, you have to respect that."

 "And I do, I just hope you choose me." I didn't know what to say, I don't know who to choose. "I'm gonna try, I'm gonna fight for you, no matter what. Until you tell me, I won't stop. Alright?" 

"Monty, please don't make this h-" 

"I have to go, I got practice. I'll see you later." He tells me getting up and giving me a kiss on my forehead that made me tremble, like it used to. Halfway through the doorway he turns back, "I love you."