Prologue

"It's a new day." Phillip stared at the new sunrise on their balcony, Aurora in his tight embrace, and she snuggled into his arms as she marvelled at the beauty that her name took after.

The war was over. No more conflict, but peace. Everlasting peace. The curse didn't end. Like all curses were, it was broken. The long hatred between mankind and Moors Folk was broken, along with the curse. The dark phoenix rose, and along with it arose peace and harmony.

"Indeed." Aurora sighed, and just as she closed her eyes, enjoying the mild breeze, there was a sudden gathering of wind currents as a shadow covered over them. "It's morning." Aurora greeted the newcomer, and Maleficent spread her wings as she hovered just above the edge of the balcony, the wind running through her feathers.

"Good morning." Maleficent smiled, purposely revealing her fangs just as Diaval had warned not to, and Aurora laughed at Maleficent's smile. But as all sweet moments were, it didn't last long, and as Aurora saw Maleficent's wings start to stretch backwards, her smile dropped and she asked Maleficent sadly, "Can't you stay for a little while longer?"

"A little while longer?" Maleficent smiled, amused. Humans were indeed greedy, inclusive of her little Beastie. "It's already a little while longer." Maleficent tilted her horns, smiling at Aurora, who understood that her Faerie Godmother had to go. With a sad smile, Aurora watched as Maleficent rose into the air with a gentle flap of her wings.

Much to Aurora's surprise, Maleficent flew back down, her huge black wings blocking the sunrise from their view, and she gave a hinting smile towards Aurora and Phillip. "I'll see you during the christening." Maleficent winked playfully, and Aurora let out a laugh as her Faerie Godmother took off into the clouds towards the Moors, with many more of the younger Dark Fae.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇