Two

Maryams POV

"You will be seeing Aaryan today" my dad said and I nodded in Affirmative as I stood to leave his presence.

"Maryam!" He called my name out loud making me stop in my pace.

"Your Umma (your mum) said I should greet you" he said and I could no believe my ears, umma?. After how many years I'm finally hearing from her.

"Umma,my mum?" I said whilst sobs and he nodded in tears, my Abba never cries.

Maryam he called my name calmly as I walked to where he sat and sat close to him "you know I divorced your mum for a reason, I love her and I'll forever love her but with what she did I just can't overlook it" he said as he wiped away the little tears on his cheeks.

"Humm" ...I sighed before speaking "dad why did you divorce her?"I asked and my dad held my hand in a loving manner just like a dad would hold his child.

"Your mother wasn't fair in loving me, she got married to me even though her heart belonged to someone else"he said and I couldn't believe my ears, extramarital affairs?

"Maryam are you in love with someone else as well? " my dad asked and I nodded in the negative "please do this for hamis, marry him and help your brother" my dad said and i hugged him.

"I'll marry him" I said and he was about to say another thing when a call came in and my dad said it was Aaryan so I just nod while he put the phone on high speaker.

"Asalamualaikum, Aaryan ykk ( how are you)" my dad said to Aaryan.

"walaikumussalam, I'm fine dady and how's maryam "wait, did he just ask about me?.

"she's, even here. take, speak to him" dad said passing me his phone

"hello?" I sounded quizzically.

"hi maryam na bab(daddies girl)" He sounded so jovial.

"yes, how are you?" I asked while glancing at my dad who was smiling.

"I'm okay ,I'll be there to pick you by 2pm" he said and I scrunched my face.

"okay I'll be waiting" I said the first thing that came to mind.

"OK dear, I'll be there,bye. give dady the phone "he said.

"Dad take" I said passing him the phone and he chuckled at the face I made.

he spoke to Aaryan for the meanwhile, while I left to get change because its presently 1:56.

"dad I'm going "I said whilst getting up, I headed to my room where I went into the closet and picked an Abaya which was decorated with a golden Embroidery.

"Ke Aaryan ya zu!"( Aaryan is here ) ridwan shouted without opening my door, so I just applied some powder and wore my wrist watch and some beads.

"okay"came my response to ridwan and he shouted a hurry up, so I just slipped into my black slippers and ran downstairs, I saw a guy playing video game with Adam "probably Aaryan".

"Asalamualaikum"I said with my eyes bent down to my feet and I heard the most beautiful masculine voice I had ever heard, on the phone he sounded different.

"walaikumussalam" he replied and I looked up only to meet a gorgeous looking young man.

He wore a white kaftan which was looking sparkly, along with his zannan bukar cap (A cap worn bu Nigerian men, mostly from the north)

"Hello! Maryam, are you okay ?" he said while snapping his finger and I just blinked before answering "yeah I'm okay" I said and he chuckled

"for a second there I thought you've fallen for me" he said while winking
and I just mentally rolled my eyes.

"ok let's go" He said opening the door but he stopped in his pace.

"buddy we'll play next time and I'll emerge victorious i promise" he said to Adam and he just chuckled.

"have fun" Adam yelled and I mentally rolled my eyes again

"fun my foot"

Both I and Aaryan walked to where his car was parked and I was about to open the door but he stopped by yelling "no I'll open it,I'm a gentle man, you know?"he said with a wink and i smiled as he opened the door for me and I sat in the car while I waited for him to sit and he did.

He drove out of the golden gate of my house and here we are on the road, on our way to where I don't know,

we drove in silence and he kept me wondering where he was taking me, we drove for quit a while and we arrived at a place which seemed deserted.

"Where are we? " I asked out of curiosity.

"trust me" he said and I actually got out of the car and followed him to wheresoever he was taking me, we walked for a while and finally we arrived at a place filled with a body of water which seemed to be a river but around it were flowers and many beautiful insects like the butterflies.

"where am I?" I asked and he snubbed me while he laid a mat on the ground "how did he get this mat".

"My favorite place in the whole world, except from Saudi. I love that place " he said and I just sat on the mat along with him.

"Erhm..."he said while clearing his throat "why is he making this hard for me?"

"maryam" He called my name softly.

"Na'am (yes)"came my response.

"I'm sure you know the reason why you're getting married to me and trust me, I wasn't even aware of all this marriage of a thing until I came back to Nigeria. my dad just informed me and I dare not question his decision because I respect him,we both know that we don't love each other but I pray we'll full in love because love recognises no barrels and we'll definitely over come all" he said while winking.

"if only you know how that winking of yours annoys me"
"Okay ,inshaAllah " I said and here comes he's smile which revealed he's side dimple which I wasn't aware of ,I just found out he had a dimple but still I know I'll never fall in love ,my mum left my heart broken and I'm definitely sure that no love could find its way into these stone heart of mine ,over the years I talked to no one ,even at school ,I only associate with my siblings ,you might think I'm being dramatic but I swear growing up without a mother will leave you depressed and segregated .

"Maryam" Aaryan called making me jolt out of my world of thought .

" Na'am "I said " hungry? " he said standing up to go get some food but I stopped him by nodding in the negative and he sat back and we talked about our likes and dislikes though he did most of the talking .

***************
I think Aaryan is a responsible person and he might bring back our Maryams lost smile .
OK don't forget to vote
And comment ,it'll be highly appreciated
YourdearestQudrah