one

2013
Nigeria ,Abuja
MARYAM POV

Watching my mum leave wasn't a mere thing, I felt my heart shatter into million of pieces, I'm losing my one true love and my hayatee (my life)

"Mum do not leave me alone!" I cried out loud as I watched her take a step out the door.

"mum please! "I shouted as I dragged her by her hand ,I pulled her back but she had a firm grip and she pulled her hands out of mine, making me fall flat on my butt.

"Maryam leave her alone she cares not about you" my father said as he drags me back into the house and bangs the door hard and just then my world came crumbling down, I've lost.

I'm alone. especially being the only daughter of Alhaji mairaba Usman and a twelve years old girl who has a lot to learn about being a feminine from my mother, I've truly lost .

"Maryam!" my big brother Adam called as he entwined his hands with mine, we walked upstairs without sparing my dad a glance, I feel like he is responsible for my mum leaving the house, who are my kidding, he divorced her right before my eyes.

"Autan mama (mothers last born)"my eldest brother, hamis said as he walked inn, though I was the only daughter, I had three brothers who loved me a lot.

"Yes" I answered as I raised a brow to glance at him, there he stood along side ridwan and Adam, my other brothers, they all had so much revenge and hatred in their eyes and there was no doubt that they hated every bit of what father had done but what could they do. They were only teenagers, ridwan is actually 14 years old, Adam is 16, while hamis is 18 but still, they dare not stand before my dad and question his decision.

"Maryam do not cry please Allah is with us, and one day we'll find Ummie" hamis said and the mere mention of "Ummie" makes my heart shatter into million of pieces all over again.

"yes one day "I muttered beneath my breath as I laid on my pillow, closing my eyes.

2019***

How time flies, six years ago I lost my mum but I still leave and I'm kinda happy but what can I do, I still need my mum.

I stood before the mirror looking at how grown I've become, the two bump's on my chest and how my curves became larger. yes I've become a full grown woman and I've learnt how to leave my life without my mum.

"Maryam" yelled my brother ridwan as he flanged the door open and made his way into my room.

"What is it you want?" I asked with a straight face as I tied my hair into a messy bun and he sits on my bed looking worried.

"What's wrong"? I asked as I saw how worried he was, he looked stressed and lost. he looked as if he was about to write his final year exams.

"maryam dady says I should call you" he said looking down at his feet.

"is that why you're looking stressed?" I asked holding onto his hand.

"Maryam za daura Auren ki ne" (maryam your marriage is being finalized) he said with a sad look on his face.

"With who?" I asked as a tear escaped my eyes and fell to my cheeks.

"I don't know, all I know is that he is the son of Alhaji disco and I only know his name as Aaryan" he said.

"I'll go see dad now" I said as I ran through the hallway leading to my dads room. though he was responsible for my mum leaving the house I still love and care about him and I respect him. He has been with me all through the moment when I needed my mum, though he wasn't as good as a mother But he filed my heart with joy at times buy it doesn't make me feel at ease, I still yern for the love of a mother.

"Dady you called for me" I said as I sat before him "yes I did " he said as he adjusted his glasses .

"Maryam! " he called my name with a serious face "I want to get you married to my friends son and I only called you to inform you Because the wedding date and the event has been fixed " he said

"ok, but dad you should have asked Me before setting the marriage date "I said in tears and he shouted at me and told me the reason for my marriage to the Aaryan boy and it was a good reason so all I did was to nod in affirmative telling him I'll marry Aaryan, as it is I'm almost 18 years of age.

"I hope you know my reason now and I hope you're happy, trust me Aaryan is a nice boy "he said as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Yes I'm happy " I said as I exited the room and went straight into mine where I found my two brothers excluding hamis, standing beside the door looking all worried. hamis got married last year to hassana.

"Why did you accept this alliance?, do you perhaps know who you're getting married to " my eldest brother Adam asked as I told him all that took place with I and Abba.

"No I don't know him, but I can't disgrace him by refusing to marry the boy. and he has left me no choice but to accept because as it is he has the date set" I said sitting on my couch.

"Maryam are you sure you're happy? " my brother Adam asked and I nodded in affirmative.

"If only you know how unhappy I've been over the years, right now I have nothing to loss. I'm not in love neither do I believe in love"

"I'm okay don't worry" I said and he nodded before asking everyone to leave me alone leaving me and him in the room.

"Maryam, I know you agreed marrying this boy because you had no choice and you've always wanted to leave this house away from the pain " he said.

"Bro" ! I called him loudly making him chuckle ,"I've already agreed and there's no going back" I said and he nodded before taking his leave "how I wish I could tell you the reason for agreeing but you will not understand " I thought as I laid on my bed and laid on it ."I wonder who Aaryan is "