Chapter 21

Adrien smiled at her. 'She's so cute when she's embarrassed,' he thought to himself. "You...uh...left your hairbrush?"

"Yeah, I think so..." she said taking her hands of her face.

Adrien grabbed her brush from his dresser and put it in her hands. He grabbed her other hand and pulled her closer. "Look Marinette, if this is how you're gonna act like when i only have my shirt off, how are we gonna get anywhere?" He said his face drawing closer to hers. He could feel her breath on his face,

"Uh...Adrien?" She said, pulling him out of his daze, "My hairbrush. Could you hand it to me please?"

Adrien looked up and saw Marinette still standing in his doorway. He felt something in his hands and looked down to see her brush. 'It was a daydream? Seriously? Get your head in the game man.'  "Oh! Sorry!" Was all he said before handing her the brush and giving her a warm smile. 

Marinette smiles back and closed the door behind her. Adrien flopped back onto his bed. 'Why can't I just talk to her...' he thought, reimagining his daydream.

Plagg popped out of the mini fridge holding some cheese. "I found your secret stash, Adrien! Did you really think putting this behind a few sodas would stop me??" He said as he savored his bite. "Not now Plagg." Adrien said as he rolled into his stomach.

"Whatever." Plagg said flying over to the fuse ball table.

'Just another sentence. Just one like a normal person. I need to have fun with her before her lessons with my father start...'
Adrien pondered how to spend more time with Marinette. Swimming seemed like a good idea, until he realized how cold it was, and the indoor pool was under maintenance. A romantic dinner would be amazing...but he couldn't find the guts to ask her out this early. Movie night was fun, and he would do it again in a heartbeat, but he didn't want that to be their only connection. 'Decisions, decisions, all of them wrong.' He thought.

More then anything, he wanted to go into Marinettes room, hug her from behind, kiss her neck, and tell her he loved her. But he couldn't do that. No, his mom taught him to respect a woman's choice to say no. And if he surprised her like that, he felt he would be taking away that choice. And he wasn't about to disobey his missing mother.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

"Sir, may I speak to you for a moment?" Nathalie asked, clenching her clipboard.

"Of course Nathalie. Have a seat."
Gabriel was standing at his usual table setup, sketching a new design for the latest line of clothing.

"Adrien seems to have taken a liking to Ms. Dupain-Cheng."

"Of course he has," Gabriel said, adjusting his glasses, "as have I. She is a very talented young girl."

Nathalie cleared her throat. "I'm sorry sir, allow me to be more specific: Adrien seems to be romantically attracted to Marinette ."

Gabriel froze. His son, his only son, had a crush? Adrien never talked about those things to him. That was all he really wanted, to be a normal family again, one who's child talks to the parents and feels the love children are supposed to. Gabriel was doing his best. Once he had his hands on the miraculous Jewl's, his wife could be back, and his broken family could be whole again. He shows love to Adrien the only way he remembers how.  He smiled. His boy has a crush on the bakers designer daughter. He couldn't think of a more perfect match.

"Sir? You're not planning to use the akumas on them, are you? If I have any say, I would request you leave them out of it..."

"No Nathalie, I'm not plotting. I'm being happy for my son. Thank you for informing me."

Nathalie nodded and was on her way. She hadn't seen him smile like that since, well, since Emily.