The Trip: Chapter 11

(Marinette POV)

I extended my hand to knock on the door. As my knuckles we about to make contact with the door, Adrien's bodyguard disarmed the alarm and unlocked the door with a click of a button.

(3rd person POV)

A beautiful song was being played on the piano somewhere in the house. She could only hear it faintly, but it was enough to impress her. She assumed it must be Adrien, since piano was one of the things on his long list of skills.

Mr. Agreste stood at the top of a steep staircase, adjacent to the front door. He stance was formal, too formal for his own house, that's for certain.

"Mrs. Dupain-Cheng. Welcome." He waved Nathalie off to fetch Adrien. He descended down the staircase slowly. Marinette caught herself adjusting her posture. "I've seen many of your designs. I've been informed it is your 'dream' to be a fashion designer."

Marinette tensed. "Yes sir, that is correct." Gabriel raised an eyebrow. "Good. As you may know, I do not let many guests into my home. You should consider yourself very lucky," Adrien appeared at the top of the staircase, Nathalie trailing behind him. Mr. Agreste ignored them. "I expect pristine behavior from you. Your limits may be pushed during your one on one."

Marinette relaxed. She was excited, plus having Adrien nearby made it feel less like an interrogation. "Of course sir. I look forward to the training." Gabriel nodded and waved in Adriens general direction. "Adrien, show Marinette to her room." Adrien smiles and motioned for Marinette to follow him.

Marinette struggled to collect her bags. Noticing her hardship, Adrien rushes down the stairs and grabbed most of her bags." Their hands slightly brushed, and both their hearts thumped.

There was silence between them as they walked down the hallway towards Adrien's room. "Wow, this place sure is big." Marinette continued to observe. She would definitely get lost at some point.

"Yeah. Personally, I feel it's to big for only me and my father. It's easy to feel isolated since any human contact is, like, one and a half miles away." He chuckled.

Marinette's heart demanded to be set free from her chest as he flashed his beautiful smile. She could look at that all day long, eight days a week.

"This is my room," Adrien nodded towards the door. "You can come to me if you need anything." They walked for what seems like miles to the next door. "-and this is your room."

Marinette set down her bags as she took in the beautiful room. It was easily 3x the size of her bedroom. The walls were a very faint shade of pink, and there was a desk area with shelves and shelves of sewing materials, completed with a Gabriel Agreste sewing machine. The closest was walk in, and had many empty hangers. There was a couch, tv, coffee table, and game console near the front of the room. While it wasn't as big as Adrien's, it was still magnificent. "Do you like it? W-we can change to a different room if you don't like this one-"

"No! Adrien, it's perfect, wow!!" Adrien smiled when he saw Marinette in awe. Man, her smile was so contagious.

"Where do you want your bags, Marinette?" Adrien asked, hands full. "Oh- uh yeah sorry I didn't mean for you to have to hold it that's my bad sorry again-" she took a breath. No rambling this time Marinette! "-Over by the bed please. Thank you Adrien."

Adrien set down her bags. His mind was racing. So many fun things to do, so many cute things Marinette has already done. So many hours he will get to spend with Marinette.

"So, Marinette, I was thinking. I never had a sleepover before, but Nino said you usually play video games, watch movies, and stay up late. You must have left and excellent impression on my father, because he's letting me do whatever I want with you!" Adrien and Marinette blushed. Marinette giggled in shock. "NO WAIT!! That's not what I meant-you know what I meant!!  I'm sorry Marinette..."

Marinette continued to giggle. "It's fine Adrien...no s-sweat...I'd be happy to do all those things with you...including beating you at Ultimate Mecha Strike III, thanks to this!" She reaches into her small purse and pulled out the charm bracelet Adrien had made her for her 14th birthday.

Adrien blushed. "Oh yeah, not when I have this!" He pulled out his Marinette lucky charm.

Marinette nearly fainted. Why did he have to be so gosh darn hot. "Haha...yeah...um, yeah..."

Adrien put the charm back in his pocket. "So, what time do you want to do this stuff?" Adrien asked with big eyes and a wide-eyes smile.

"Well, um, you don't need an appointment with me Adrien...I'm gonna be here for about 13 more days...we could fu, I MEAN DO...it whenever?" It ended up sounding like a question. Shoot. "But I should probably put my clothes away first..."

Adrien mentally slapped himself. "Right, no appointments! Um, would you like help with that? The closest is kinda high...I can lower the bars for you."

Marinette glanced at the closest. He was right. Whoever used it last must have been freakishly y'all, because the adjustable bars were way over her head. "Uh, oh, yeah fur,-sure."

Adrien lowered the bars and readjusted the hangers. "Ok Marinette, you should be good to go, see you in a few!" Adriens said as he headed out the door.

"Wait! Uh Adrien, it would-could-go twice as fast if you helped me hang up my clothes? You don't have to if you don't want to I mean I know this time is special because you have more freedom then usually and I just figured if we did it together then-"

"Sure Marinette! I'll help you." He said, cutting her off. This girl and her run on sentences.

They reached into The first of Marinette's bags and pulled out the same shirt. Then when Marinette tries to switch garments, so did Adrien, and they grabbed the same shirt yet again. This was the controller situation all over again.

'Coms on, Marinette! Only 13 more days...'she thought to herself. '13 more days of awkward silence and accidental brushing of hands. Get used to it.'

'News flash,' a voice in the back of her head mumbled. 'We will not get used to it.'