58: Family & Friends Day

Start from the beginning

"Family day daddy" she replied in between crying.

April's heart damn near broke hearing those words coming from her. Kairi had gotten so use to Family Day and knew that today was that very day. But according to Dave Millie hadn't even been checking for Kairi so the Family Day she was now use to was no more and that was plain ole fucked up. Millie could've at least still participated in Family Day. It was for her daughter for God's sake.

"I know Lil butt I know. Wipe ya eyes and stop crying. Daddy will be at MaMa's house soon and we're gonna have Family Day ok" Dave said in a soothing tone trying to get her to stop crying. April could tell that no matter how softly he tried to talk to Kairi he was still pissed the fuck off.

"Ok daddy" she sniffled again.

"I'll pick you up and we can go out for breakfast and then go have some fun. How does that sound" he asked smiling at her. April couldn't help but smile at their interaction. It was one of the cutest things ever. Dave in daddy mode was sexy as hell. It made April wonder if he would treat her child the same or most importantly would he even stick around.

"Fun daddy" Kairi replied sounding a little chipper. Dave had managed to stop her from crying.

"Ok Lil Butt I'm gonna get dressed and be on my way to you ok. Now smile for daddy" Dave said and smiled at her. "See look at the beautiful smile I'll be there soon ok"

"Ok daddy"

"Give the phone to MaMa"

"K"

April was all in their conversation. She wasn't being nosey she was concerned.

"Hey baby boy" his mother greeted him.

Dave sighed. "Morning ma can you get Lil Butt dressed I'm a come pick her up and spend the day with her. Millie still ain't call so I'm just take her out to take her mind off it"

"I'm done talking bout her trifling ass. That girl is more trouble than she's worth. Got my damn grandbaby in here all sad and in her feelings" Mama Faye said with an attitude. Shit Millie was getting on everyone's last nerve.

April turned back over and got up out of bed heading to the bathroom. She was going to make Millie pay for hurting her own daughter's feelings. Millie was going to get tagged on everyone's behalf. April couldn't believe or comprehend how a woman could treat her own child like she was nothing. It was like Kairi was just someone for her to chill with when it was beneficial to her. That shit hurt April's heart. She'd do anything to be around and love on her child even if it was just for a mere moment. April would cherish that moment forever. Millie was a part time mother just like April said and it was damn shame and outright embarrassing as hell. She was pretty much an unreliable babysitter. You book them days in advance and at the last minute they cancel on you and fuck up your plans. Millie proved time and time again that she wasn't shit.

It's so many women out here who couldn't have children and would do anything just to have one and give them an abundance amount of love while some could care less. Those few would have kids and that's about it just have them. Everyone didn't deserve to be a mother or even had mother's instincts and sadly Millie was one of those women. Point blank period Kairi was just a check and a trophy to Millie. She got money for taking care of her when she was in her care and Kairi was only posted online because Millie had the one thing that no other woman had of Dave's, his baby. But one day that would all change.

April stood in front of the bathroom mirror and took a couple of deep breaths. She already knew what she was going to do. April walked back into the bedroom with her head held high to see Dave getting up from the bed looking pissed off and she couldn't have that. Yes he was still on probation but she knew he was pissed because his child was involved and she wasn't feeling that so if she could help make things better than she would.