One

"Kim!!".

"Lisa!!".

"Viv?!".

"Och for heavens sake, is anyone ready for training?" Molly cries up the stairs and through the house, "apparently not" she mutters to herself.

The sound of Kim riffling through the kitchen drawers for something indicates the Arsenal captain is definitely not ready, however her cry of 'two seconds' tells otherwise while Lisa and Viv still haven't answered.

"Fine, I'm leaving and yous can all make your own way tae training, namely you Lisa Evans".

Her threat, which Molly deemed unlikely to bring Lisa out of her room, seems to work as suddenly there's movement from upstairs and seconds later, the forward appears on the landing accompanied by her girlfriend.

"Kim we're just waiting on you noo" Molly says as Lisa and Viv reach the bottom of the stairs and wait by the door, "right I'm ready now, let's go" the midfielder says, "after you".

The drive to training is barely tolerable, the four of them sharing Molly's little car with Viv taking up the front seat as she always does, 'too much leg to fit in the back' as Lisa likes to put it and Kim's terrible choice of music playing through the speakers.

Song privileges are on a rota and sadly for them, it was the captain's choice to chose for the drive in so they arrive at London Colney, fed up and depressed as opposed to upbeat.

Climbing out Viv first of course, they spot Beth and Daan getting out their car too with Leah climbing out of Jordan's Range Rover.

"Molly!".

Danielle comes running over to the twenty three year old as if she hasn't seen her in weeks.

"Daan I literally saw you yesterday" she replies, but hugs her back all the same, "Beth can you try and control your girlfriend once in a while?" Leah chips in from the space next to Molly, "yeh, we or rather you need to find something to get rid of her extra energy, clearly the football isn't working" Kim adds.

The seven of them troop into the training centre and with Daan being the five year old she is, the Dutchie is leading the way, skipping and swinging her bag around like she's off to school.

"Heaven forbid she takes one of us out swinging it around like that" Lisa says, "or worse trips over it herself".

Molly's reply brings a smile to the faces of her teammates and they follow Danielle inside, albeit from a safe distance in case she lets go of the bag, walking through to their chill out room where the rest of the team are waiting.

"Morning" Mitch mutters from the corner when the three Scots make it past Daan, who is trying to steal a protein bar off the table, under the watchful eye of Sari which means Daan is having a hard time trying to take one.

"How's your rehab going?" Molly asks her fellow defender, sitting down on the sofa next to her, "alright" she replies.

"Aww you'll be back in nae time, I promise" the younger girl says, putting her arm around Emma in a sideways hug as Daan is wrestled to the ground by Leah, mid way through opening a bar.

"Bloody hell Beth, control..." but the words aren't even out of Mitch's mouth before the forward is finishing them, "your girlfriend, yeh I know" she replies. "You too Nobbs. That's your girl on the floor too ain't it?" Emma adds as Beth yanks the bar out of Daan's hand; Leah and Sari relinquishing their grip.

The midfielder then proceeds to chase her girlfriend around the room for it rather than realising there are more where it came from.

*

"Anyone got any plans for after the game?" Mitch asks, "erm... celebrate?" Leah replies, drawing laughter from the room.

"Me and Beff" Daan starts, "were thinking of throwing a party and..." she smiles mischievously, "and I'm gonna stop you there" Beth tells her girlfriend; wiping the grin off the Dutchie's face.

"Whyyy?" Daan wines.

"You should know by now that Beth doesn't do fun like that Daan" Leah interjects, "how many parties have you been to that Beth is the life and soul of hmmm?".

Daan looks confused, "but I thought I was, not Beff" she says, "precisely" Mitch mutters and Molly elbows her in the ribs but not before Danielle turns her head, nearly taking Beth's eye out with her ponytail.

"You know I can hear you".

"So what?" Mitch replies and Molly has to elbow the defender again, trying to get her to notice that Daan is actually upset. However it seems that is the final straw and the midfielder ups and leaves, Beth following her but not before she has given Mitch a look that, if it could kill would have meant the demise of the Scot.

"I'm really disappointed in you Mitch" Kim says, glancing over at the defender and then rising from her seat before heading in the direction of the young couple.

"What's got you so moody?" Viv asks, only the Dutch forward, her girlfriend and Molly left in the room now; along with Emma.

"Shelley left me out again. Of the Jamaica game and the World Cup squad, that's what" she explains, crossing her arms and staring blankly across the room, "I'm sorry Em" Molly says, placing a hand comfortingly on that of her fellow defender.

"Of course your precious Claire got called up".

The words are like a knife to Molly's heart, poison to her insides as her vision suddenly goes cloudy and she removes her hand.

Mitch" Lisa says warningly but the damage is done for the second time today and without saying a word Molly flees the room, walking the corridors until she finds herself inside a cubicle in the toilets.

She has her phone to her ear ringing someone she hopes, despite the time difference; will pick up just the same.

"Molly?".

The groggy voice of Rachel Corsie echoes in her ears and pulls her from her thoughts.

"Molly are you alright?" the Scotland captain asks again, "Mitch is being a wee bairn because Shelley didn't call her up" Molly finds herself saying. "Are you kidding me? How many times do I have to explain it to her" Corsie says, "it isn't just that though, for starters she upset Daan and Beth, then she pulls the Claire line out on me".

She hears Rachel swear under her breath and whether that's from what sounded as though she fell over or at what Mitch did, Molly isn't sure.

"Have you told anyone but me about that?".

Molly shakes her head and then obviously realises Rachel can't see her, "no" she breathes out. "Leave it me, I'll deal with the fallout from Mitch, you talk to Claire after the game and see if yous can't make yourself feel better after a catch up" Corsie replies, "thanks Rach" Molly smiles.

"No problem, noo let me get back to my beauty sleep even if there isn't much point" Rachel explains, "alright see you later Corsie".

*