|32|

Dress shopping, was proving more difficult that Leora had initially hoped and was threatening to ruin her mood.

After breakfast her mother had taken her by the arm and insisted on taking her to all the bridal shops for them to try on dresses. Of course Leora had then called Crystal to come along too, who much like Leoras mother was bouncing with excitement at the notion.

Leora was excited too, just not in the way her mother and friend was. Trying on dresses was a symbol that she was one step closer to marrying Adam. She had assumed that since she was blind, choosing a dress would be easy- she didnt particularly care what she looked like only that she was clothed on her wedding day.

Her mother had wanted something more traditional and princess-like for her and so picked out several ball gown styled dresses but after the second one Leora knew it was a no go. Crystal had suggested something a little more modern, but still conservative, picking out a few of different styles.

One of the women would give Leora a vivid description of the way the dress looked talking about the design, fabric, style- everything so that the blushing bride to be would be able to envision it in her head. Leora would feel parts of the dress against her skin to decide whether she liked the way the fabric felt.

They were gorgeous dresses by far Leora assumed, but they didn't feel right on her.

However many of the dresses she tried on, both of her entourage had something to say- apparently looks were very important too, even if she couldnt see it. It wasn't just the comments from the other women that were frustrating her, it was the fact that she herself didnt feel right in any of the dresses that she had tried on.

It was like she had become lost amongst pieces of lifeless fabric, none of which felt comfortable or like it belonged to her. She quickly threw out all hopes of finding anything amongst the cream and ivory lace, ruching and frill that decorated the bridal shop. They had gone from massive dresses to overly simple but none of them had satisfied any of the women. 

Leora was disappointed to say the least, she didn't know whether she expected to find the 'perfect dress' right away but it was really frustrating that it wasn't as easy as she had hoped. She tried to hide the disappointment, but both her mother and Crystal could see it written across her face.

The ladies decided to take a break for lunch with the plan of going back later, but after lunch Leora was an uncomfortable combination of quiet and sick and didn't want to continue. Crystal also had to go home, she and Max had planned to spend time together - which was the womans covert way of saying being intimate with each other. The couple had agreed to finally start trying for a baby together, since Max had agreed to be a 'stay at home dad'. They hadn't told anyone, wanting to wait on if they ever fell pregnant.

As soon as Leora got back home, she found Adam in his office, cuddled herself up on his lap and took a nap in the comfort of his arms. Adam could sense her negative affect, and immediately knew that the dress shopping had been unsuccessful. He wanted to say something, anything, to cheer her up but he knew that she didn't want to hear anything- she simply wanted to rest.

It was around 20 minutes later when Adam shook her awake gently, she was slightly groggy and not all that happy to be awoken. However once she heard what Adam had to say, her interest was peaked. 

Sam had come in not to long ago with a small package, it's recipient Luna Leora and it's sender Dr Elaine Foster.  She wondered if this was the surprise that the doctor had mentioned at the previous appointment. Inside the small box was a written note for the couple, a small card with raised braille lettering and another small object.

Leora felt the small bumps on the card, her heart lifting at the simple message: 'Baby Wayne at 4 weeks'. 

The card slipped out of her fingers, she reached back into the box to feel the small cast, she pulled it onto her lap feeling the groves and edges. Adam's eyes grazed over the note before widening, a grin taking over his features before reading it out loud.