|17|

Adam was freshly showered, and changed when Leora found him in their shared room. He had intended to be out of the room before she came back, not wanting to seem unfaithful to his promise. However, he had been out of fresh clothes and after seeing Leora practicing her Karate he assumed she would be busy long enough for him to shower, change and leave without a trace.

Leora was glad that she found him. It was like her entire body had lit up like a Christmas tree as his close proximity; the blood in her veins practically sang at the need she had to touch him. They had only been apart from each other for a short time, but it was long enough; if she ached for him this way now, she could hardly imagine what she might've felt if she had made a different decision.

"Leora," He began startled. The girl gasped, loving the sound of her name on his lips; it had never sounded quite so good before. "I was just-"

"Adam, wait." She cut him off, sensing where he was headed. She needed to tell him: "I've made my decision."

Adam sucked in a sharp breath and he was certain that his heart skipped a beat. He couldn't deny that this was what he had wanted; from the moment that she had questioned her belonging here, he wanted her to decide- to realise- that she was exactly where she needed to be. With him.

Of course there was a small part of him that also considered the fact that she wouldn't want to stay, that the allure of her old life seemed to be so much better than anything he could offer her. He had to ignore them; hide them away- keep those dark thoughts under lock and key because if he even paid them any thought for more than a fleeting moment he would fall apart.

"I was such a fool to think that I belonged somewhere else. I'm so sorry." Leora spoke clearly, the shame colouring her voice. She kept her head down, but opened her arms to him as if afraid that he would reject her somehow.

Hearing those words was all the man needed- hell even if she had said the opposite he would still hold her. His arms wrapped around her in a warm embrace, and Adam felt as if balance had been restored to his world.

Leora sighed, warmth and comfort surrounding her; how could she have ever thought that she could find something better or more fulfilling away from him? She rested her head against his chest, the earthy scent of his cologne filling her senses and calming her down. Maybe she always knew that he was it- her future- the only reason she had really tried to run was because she was afraid. Even then she hadn't really put up much of a fight.

"I was afraid, so afraid. Even now, it scares me that you want so much from me and I wasn't sure if it was just because of who I am to you or because you actually believe that I can give you that." Leora mumbled, knowing that Adam would still be able to hear her with his enhanced hearing.

"Leora, my soul." Adam tipped her chin up with his index finger, his thumb brushing her cheeks tenderly. "I don't expect anything from you, I want only what you are willing to give. You being my soulmate is not the reason that I'm so enamoured by you. You are strong, smart, and beautiful." He placed a soft, sweet kiss against her warm lips.

Leora gasped as a pleasant feeling blossomed in her chest, taking over her entire body. It was like her entire body came alive when he touched her.

"You are so fucking magnificent. Without you I'd be nothing." He leaned his forehead against hers, "One day you'll see that you're not amazing because you're my soulmate. You're my soulmate because you're amazing."

Leora blushed, her entire face turning a ripe, tantalising pink. He had a way with words that always managed to affect her in some way; above all he was sincere, she could feel it. Her heart raced and how could it not? It was like any and everything he said flipped a switch in her; he could turn her on like a goddamn light show and she would love every bit of it. She loved h- being with him.