|08|

After the excitement of the conceded challenge, Leora got the opportunity to meet the entire pack. There were somewhere between 60 and 80 members which meant that Leora was thoroughly exhausted after the day's events. All she could think about was eating a warm meal, taking a hot shower and curling up in a duvet burrito.

Her desire was somewhat fulfilled as the pack retreated inside for dinner. Adam led her through the building to the dining hall, even pulling out her chair for her to sit. He sat to her left, his palm resting firmly on her thigh; she squirmed a little but settled at the smell of food and the relaxing circles that he traced there.

She was shocked that he touched her so easily, especially in front of others; tucking it at the back of her mind she promised to talk to him about it later. Her parents had never been so open when she was younger; probably because they spent so much time worrying about her. It was startling that she actually found the contact nice, surely she shouldn't allow someone she hardly knew to touch her in such a way?

Considering that they were 'soul mates', Leora supposed that it didn't matter. Maybe she was overthinking the whole situation; she never once got the feeling of them being unnatural in any way. Adam never really seemed bothered, in fact he had made it quite clear the kind of intimacy he wanted with her. She knew for a fact that she wasn't ready for anything intense, but she supposed that just simply being with him instead of worrying about how she should be feeling was all that she needed to do.

Adam filled his mates plate, watching her intently as she expertly maneuvered her way around the plate. Adam joined in conversation with the pack mates around the table, even trying to get Leora to join but she was much too immersed in her food.

She ate quickly and quietly, too exhausted and hungry for chatter. As soon as she was finished she leaned back satisfied; without intending disrespect to the pack, she wanted nothing more than to go back upstairs and change.

Adam watched his mate in amusement, after just a warm meal she all but radiated happiness. There were times when she seemed quite simple in what made her happy. It didn't escape his notice that when she was happy, he too also seemed to feel lighter and somewhat happier.

He finished his food and conversation, sensing her need to be upstairs resting. After her performance today, and all that she had been through in the few hours that she had arrived, she more than deserved it.

He wanted to do anything he could if it meant she was just a fraction of a bit happier, some would say it was pathetic or stupid but he didn't care. The thought took him back to her earlier outburst; it was touching that she cared for his happiness too. Adam was by no means a fool, quite the opposite actually, and he could see what she meant by his self sacrificing ways would only end in resentment.

He stood, startling Leora slightly with the sound of his screeching chair- it didn't escape Adams' notice. At the sight of Leora's jump he felt the urge to both chuckle and calm her. She wasn't by any means jumpy so she must've been utterly relaxed in her seat; the thought alone filled Adam with joy to think that she was already somewhat comfortable in his pack's presence. It was almost as if she was always meant to be a part of the pack in the first place.

He placed an arm on her shoulder gently, allowing both warmth and comfort to soak into her skin. Just by his mere touch, Leora knew that it was her mate; probably because of the tingles or perhaps it was the feeling of his calloused hands that she had already memorised.

Leora sucked in a breath at the feel of his breath, hot against the shell of her ear as he spoke: "Let's go back upstairs."

The girl nodded in a silent thanks, more than grateful at the suggestion. Adam's pack was quite lively and filled with chatter and excitement that she wasn't quite used to; all the extra socializing was becoming a strain on her senses which in turn was causing a painful headache.