Bruce X

November 2nd

1:32

Crashing Equipment.

Darkness.

Screaming.

Darkness.

"Bruce its me-"

Darkness.

"STOP HIM."

Darkness.

"BRUCE."

Darkness.

"Please-"

Darkness.

"It's okay-"

Light raindrops pelting his skin.

Darkness.

The hum of a car.

Darkness.

"Bruce?"

He woke up. His eyes flew open and frantically took in his surroundings. He was lying

down. In a car.

"Bruce." Betty was there. Something was stroking his hair, slowly becoming more aware he realized it was her hand.

He lifted his head up, they were in a car-not a police car thank god- and his head had been previously lying in her lap.

"Bruce." She whispered again. He looked up at her. Her expression was pained. And he saw she had a couple bruises on her arm.

He started to cry. Tears rolled down his cheeks onto the car seat. She held his head close to her chest.

"It's okay." She whispered, over and over again until he ran out of tears to cry.

After about 20 minutes of lying in the back seat of her car in the parking lot she finally spoke up.

"Bruce, I want you to meet my parents."

Bruce wasn't sure if he had heard her right. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me. You, me, my dad, and my step-mom. This Friday, what do you say?" She stared down at him.

He swallowed. "Betty I'm not so sure if that's a good idea..." He trailed off.

"Please, Bruce." She begged. "It would mean so much to me."

He swallowed again. "Okay. Okay I'll do it."

She grinned and leaned down to give him a kiss on the lips.

"I love you."

"I love you too"

"Now come on." She said, pushing his head out of her lap. "We have an eye doctors appointment to reschedule."