Back To School

A/N: So I just started school a couple weeks ago (first day of high school), and so far it's not that bad. I actually have two classes and lunch with my crush (super happy about that), and I have someone I know in everyone one of my classes/lunch except for one class. I might do a little author's note and talk about it after this chapter.

This one is based loosely off of my first couple of experiences with my crush from the first two days of school, and I'll fix it up a little bit and turn it into something that I want to happen to me, but probably never will (#foreveralone)

Key:

Nothing

You got off the bus on your first day of high school, feeling nervous, but a little excited. You really hoped you wouldn't get lost or make a bad first impression on your teachers and the other students, but you were excited to see people you haven't seen since the end of the previous year. 

Walking towards the school amidst the huge crowd of students, you could pick out a few people you knew. There was the annoying girl from your science class last year who thought you liked your guy friend, the one kid who danced on top of a picnic table outside, and the other kid who sang 'Sicko Mode' at lunch the one time, along with a few others.

You walked through the doors of the school and immediately made your way to your homeroom, a copy of your schedule in hand. 

As you navigated your way through the hallways, you made it to the room before the first bell rang, and took a seat next to Y/B/F, who was in your homeroom despite having a last name on a completely different end of the alphabet. 

You looked around at the other people in the room, recognizing some of your friends, old classmates, acquaintances, and even a couple of people new to your district. You began chatting with them and realized that even if you didn't have any friends in any of your classes, you at least knew a few people in your homeroom.

--time skip--

You were headed to your fourth period world history class. So far, you had friends in two out of your three previous classes, your Spanish class and band. You didn't really know many people in your science class, but that thought was pushed to the back of your mind as you looked for your next class.

You made it to the room and walked in, sitting down at a random desk on the side of the room closest to the door. You set your bag down and fiddled with the spare pencil you kept in the side pocket of your backpack to ease the nervous feeling in your gut as you watched other people enter the room.

Your stomach dropped when you saw that the next person to enter the room was none other than C/N, who you hadn't seen since the day of your science exam last year. Your hands were shaking, your palms were sweaty, and you could physically hear your heart pounding inside of your chest. You didn't have the courage to sweep the hair out of your face or look up from the pencil in your hands. 

What was worse (or better, you couldn't decide) was that you only knew two people out of everyone in the giant class. One, who you knew from your band class but probably wouldn't spend too much time talking to, and then C/N, who you were too scared to talk to. The rest of the class radiated a huge amount of chaotic energy, and you already knew this would be an interesting group. 

The shaking and sweaty palms calmed down after the class was over. You thought about the possibility of having English with him (the thought had randomly crossed your mind towards the end of the period), and told yourself that with your luck, it probably wouldn't happen, but boy you were wrong.

Two periods later, you walked into your English class on the third floor from your chorus class on the first and there he was, sitting a few seats to the left of the door. You almost dropped everything, but made your way over to a desk on the opposite side of the room, trying not to seem too weird. Everything was super awkward when it came to the two of you, and it would just get worse from there.

The first day was usually spent going over the syllabus and class expectations and all that jazz, but nope, your teacher jumped right into teaching by assigning group work. On the first day. 

She had you count off by eights. You looked around the room, briefly counting the number of students and told yourself that you wouldn't have the same number as him.

Wrong again, because guess what happened?

You had the same number as him and one other kid, so you were in a group together. The three of you sat on the floor in the front of the room after the teacher told everyone to get together with their groups.

Each group was assigned a set of lines from a poem and had to memorize them. The three of you awkwardly sat there. The other kid was probably the liveliest. C/N wasn't a very loud person and neither were you(at least when he was within a short distance), but the three of you still talked and laughed a little as you worked together. 

Soon, the class was over, and you checked your schedule to see where you would be going next. 

Gym. Great.

--time skip--

You just got your gym class over with and had stopped back at your locker to grab your lunch bag before you headed to the cafeteria to meet up with your friends. 

During English, you learned that C/N had the same lunch period as you, along with two classes. It was the fourth year in a row that you'd had lunch with him. The first year was back when you were in sixth grade (although you didn't know he existed at the time, and only realized it a year and a half later), and it continued all through middle school and into your first year of high school. 

You were walking to the cafeteria with your friends, talking to each other about your first day experiences, when you saw him make his way into the cafeteria from the opposite side. Your friends made sure to point it out to you. They really liked teasing you about it. Some of the jokes they made were way over the top (A/N: This is very true for me by the way). 

You didn't sit near him, but you could still see him from where you were sitting. Guess you had lunch with him for the fourth year in a row, too. 

You didn't like how short your lunch period was this year, but you were stuck with it, and that's how it would be for the rest of your time spent at that high school. You were now headed to your last and final class of the day, geometry, but you knew you wouldn't share it with C/N.

Sure enough, he wasn't in that class. There were only three or four other people in your grade in that class. Everyone else was at least a grade above you, although there were some kids who'd failed the class and were retaking it for the second or third time. 

At the end of the day, you took your phone out of your backpack and plugged your earbuds in to listen to music on the bus ride home. The first day of high school wasn't actually as bad as you thought it was. You had two classes and a lunch period with C/N, you knew at least someone in pretty much all of your classes, and you didn't even get lost. 

Maybe high school won't be so bad after all. 

So that's the imagine. Sorry for the bad ending, I'm not the best at endings, but I try my best. This was loosely based off of some of the things that happened on my first day of school. It's been about two weeks, a little more actually, by the time this will be published. I have a marching band competition tomorrow that's two hours away and I have to get up early on a Saturday. Yay. But competition season is super fun and love it half to death so I don't mind. And the band bus ride is quite enjoyable, even though it's loud. A lot of interesting things happen on the band bus. 

Well, anyway, I'll see you when I post an author's note following this chapter, and then maybe do a homecoming imagine where C/N asks you out. My school's homecoming is in a couple of weeks and even though I won't get asked to the dance by my crush, a girl can dream. See you soon!