First Day Of School

A/N: I started school, and ended up throwing my trash out at lunch (even though I am the trash, but I couldn't throw myself out, no matter how much I want to) and in the cafeteria, the trash cans are against a wall, with a wide area to the left that leads to the other half of the cafeteria. So, just as I was about to drop my wrappers and junk from lunch into the garbage can, HE JUST POPPED OUT FROM BEHIND THE WALL. And also ran into him like, two other times, and usually just ended up slapping myself or doing something that I usually do when he comes around, which is basically just acting like I'm high while trying to be casual (although my casual is just talking and singing Hamilton very loudly). So, here is a first day of school themed imagine, based off of my first day of school experience.

Key:

Nothing new folks

It was your first day of school, and you had mixed feelings. You didn't want to go back to school, since that would mean seeing your enemies again and getting bombarded with homework that kept you up until midnight, but also wanted to see C/N and your friends again.

C/N wasn't in any of your classes, and not all of your friends were in your classes either, but you knew that you would definitely see him in the hallway and at lunch. You really wanted to be able to talk to him without chickening out, which was usually impossible, since you either ended up not doing it and getting Y/B/F to tell him what you wanted to say to him instead, or making a complete fool out of yourself, and mentally kicking yourself for it while also laughing at yourself.

Ah. You never understood yourself, and it didn't look like you would anytime soon.

Your first day of school was pretty boring. It was the same old routine, you would go to your classes and your teachers would introduce and talk about themselves, make everyone say something about themselves, and then explain their expectations for the class for the year. 

You were waiting for lunch, where you knew you would see C/N. You and him had lunch the same period, and he knew, since you had somehow gotten the courage to tell him that and didn't make a complete fool of yourself. You saw some of your other friends at lunch too, who you had one or two classes with, and stopped to say 'hello' and wave to them.

For the first month or two, you were stuck at assigned lunch tables that went in alphabetical order, and you ended up getting stuck with four people you didn't know, and one kind of annoying kid that you knew from last year and elementary school, who you also had your locker stuck next to. You just sat quietly and ate your lunch, and also occasionally talked to yourself.

You finished eating your lunch, and went to throw out your wrappers, and walked to the trash can like you normally would, and suddenly got a strange feeling. Lol, what if C/N just ends up throwing out my trash at the same time as me? It probably won't happen, but still, it would be funny if it did.

And all of a sudden, the second before you were going to put your wrappers from lunch into the trash can, he just popped out from nowhere, doing the same thing as you. Your mind went blank for a second, and then you realized that you had kind of predicted your own future in a way. You remembered that you did a similar thing last year in Spanish class, and had also jinxed yourself many, many times in your social studies class last year as well.

You were about to run away, since it was very, very awkward seeing him in person after texting him for the whole summer. You thought that it would make meeting face-to-face easier and less awkward, but it turns out that it did exactly the opposite.

Before you could do so much as turn your back and walk the opposite direction back to your absolutely terrible assigned lunch table, he called your name.

"Y/N."

You stopped, even though you didn't really want to, since it was really weird seeing him after not seeing him for three months over the summer.

You turned around and looked at him. "Hi C/N," you said, wanting to be polite.

"How was your summer?" he asked.

"Eh," you said. "I spent a lot of time outside, and also drawing and listening to music. There were also a few weird things, because weird stuff never seems to leave me alone." That statement was proven true by your current situation. "What about yours?"you asked.

"I went on vacation to the Bahamas," he said. "Did you go on vacation anywhere?"

"Nah. I just stayed home most of the time, but I did spend a lot of time with Y/B/F."

The two of you talked for a little while longer, and then went back to your assigned lunch tables before you got yelled at by the lunch monitors for talking by the garbage cans, since it wasn't allowed.

You walked back to your seat, a huge smile on your face. You'd actually had a normal conversation with C/N without making a complete fool out of yourself, and hadn't decided on avoiding talking to him altogether either. 

After lunch was dismissed, you quickly found your friends, who were waiting for you by the cafeteria's exit, and joined them, talking as you walked back to your lockers.

All of a sudden, you felt someone grasp your shoulders with both of their hands, and let out a short shouting noise right by your ear, scaring all of the living and nonliving daylights and nightlights out of you. You turned around to see who it was, and once again came face-to-face with C/N.

"Uh, hi," you said again, for the second awkward time that day, less than ten minutes after you talked to him by the garbage cans.

"Hi," he said, smiling his absolutely adorable smile that drew you in like a four year old child to their favorite candy. 

Without warning, he quickly kissed you on the cheek. He pulled away, smiled at you again, and said, " See you around," before walking away to get to his next class. 

After he was gone, you couldn't stop smiling, and your friends couldn't start talking about how much they shipped the two of you. 

Your first day of school was actually pretty nice for once.

A/N: Everything up to the trash can part was true. I did end up throwing out my stuff at the same time as him, but that conversation never happened (although I really wish it did. That would have made my day for the rest of the week). I will hopefully try to talk to him without embarrassing myself or having my friend do it for me, which is basically what I did last year (lol because last year was very awkward, and overall probably my strangest school year yet).

That's mah first upload for September, and I'll see you the next time I upload. Bye!