Dedications:

Every time I sit down to type, both of you cross my mind. So much so, that from the day I began typing the earliest draft of this book, I knew I had to talk about you.

Bob:

You taught me that it's okay to be uncomfortable no matter how big you are, or how small. You taught me that the struggle of the mind is not something that we are alone in. That it's okay to say no to things you don't like for only the reason that you don't like it. You showed me how to stand up for what you believe wholeheartedly, even if those closest to you disagree.

You showed me that being kind and good had nothing to do with how you look, or where you work, and that being strong has nothing to do with exterior appearances.

Out of all the souls I have met, I have never met a stronger, more compassionate soul than yours, and I doubt I will ever meet your equal.

I heard many say that you were an intimidating individual, and where I can believe their claims, I never once felt that in your presence. Whether it was video-games, books, work, or the struggles of the mind and my constant fight with anxiety, you gave me hope, and that hope keeps me looking forward to the person I can be. 

Dell:

From the time I was little, your Sunday morning doughnuts brought more than just breakfast. They inspired a love of reading, a love of exploring, and a love of learning all I could. You taught me perseverance, that no matter what happened it was still possible to do what you love. You inspire me to pick up the pack that is my words on unfinished paper, and to keep on down the trail until I find the end. You inspired me to stay true to myself, to brush myself off and get up again whenever I fell, no matter how bad it hurt or how tired I was, or how scared. You would always hug me, and remind me that little scrapes always heal, and that bedbugs deserve beatings with a shoe.

You always had a spare quarter for some M&M's when I came to visit, even when I outgrew needing one.

Without your love of books, and that love of reading you shared with me, I don't think these following pages could be a possibility. Every birthday book, and every tattered old western from the box you kept is cherished. So is every camping trip, and memory we made together.

I miss you both every day, and I work to remind myself of your strengths and every lesson you imparted to me. Life was simply better having known you. I could talk for days about how grateful I am to have had the both of you in my life, and it still wouldn't be the whole story, or the whole of how much you mean to me.

If I can ever work as hard as you believe I did, and be as strong as you thought I was, I'll be doing better than I can imagine.

But I wrote this just to say thank you, and to say that I'll catch you both up the creek.