The Other Side

Loud music came from the practice room.

Changmin walked down the corridor as he heard the same music as his other half of the duo would warm up too. Pushing the door opened he walked into the room "You need to update your music choices old man!" Changmin exclaimed.

Yunho stuck his middle finger up at him and continued to practice.

Changmin moved to the back of the room. "Did you see it?" He asked sitting down and crossed his legs.

"Mmph" Yunho paused to stretch. "Heechul was blowing my phone up with a billion texts." He improvised a few moves as the beat started picking up.

Changmin took his phone from his basketball shorts pocket. He unlocked it getting rid of the snowy background before pressing on his Line app. He browsed quickly before typing in the search button for a news site.

Yunho's phone across the room vibrated across the small table.

"Your not getting that?" Changmin asked.

Yunho faltered before letting it go to voicemail. He glanced at Changmin in the mirror "no."

Changmin pursed his lips.

Yunho raised his arms above his head bending at the knees to propel his body back flipping his entire body. He hadn't gained enough momentum so he landed on his knees, he slammed them down hard. He hissed leaning forward with his hands flat on the hardwood floor. 

He looked over at Changmin"I thought you wanted to rehearse some more before April concert?"

Changmin looked down at his phone "I will, give me a minute."

Yunho moved up kneeling with his hands on his thighs. Raising his eyebrow he jibed "your exercising you thumb and finger not your body." He stood up rubbing at his knees he walked over to the CD dock to switch them out.

Changmin rolled his eyes heaving his already tired body from where he was sitting. "Alright Appa," he exclaimed "keep your old mind at ease, I'm up."

Yunho bent over to grab his water bottle. "I'm barely 30," Rolling his eyes he took a sip of his lemon flavoured water as Changmin mimicked his expressions.

Changmin walked over to the table and placed his phone and keys on top.

Yunho sighed placing his bottle on the table "What part are you unsure about?" he asked.

The music from the stereo blurted out, skipping at a few parts. Yunho pressed for the next song.

Changmin shook his jacket off "shared Rising part..." even though he thought it was obvious, he found himself faltering and gave a through explanation, "I get mixed up with the old one."

Yunho looked down at the floor and pressed the next button selecting the new Rising sun track. "What do you remember?"

Changmin stood next to him "just parts of it."

Yunho turned the music down letting the remastered track play.

Changmin couldn't bring himself to listen to any of the old song that they had recorded for. Hearing the mix of the three's Tenors in one song ranging from all different pitches still felt too much to hear. Overwhelming warmth came up but it was crushed down by the weight of betrayal and anxiety. All of those feeling were lingering at the back for both him and Yunho especially.

Yunho leaned on the stereo and he closed his eyes. Trying to enter his mind vault for the line of moves to come back through his body. He raised his arms and stretched, "reminiscing" he whispered.