Loss of words

Not edited.

My eyes widen before I cut any emotion or attachment from my being and lean down to the man who yells out from the crazed look in my eye

My eyes widen before I cut any emotion or attachment from my being and lean down to the man who yells out from the crazed look in my eye. I grab his head with an iron grip and twist until I can no longer here the cries from his pain. I block out any and everything as I watch his broken neck carries his head to the dirt ground with a thump.

My mission this moment changes to getting to the cell building before all of the incarcerated rogues escapes from years of collection. I will be a hell of a fight if Jace were able to regroup with his old troops and use them to fight against us.

Us.

That is what is right now, us against the, there is no me, the, and Damon at least that is what it has to be for now.

As the rogue head hit the ground, I dash through the trees feeling light as air, my breathing is steady and my eyes are focusing on any and everything that comes into view. As I run to the cell block, I have to jump or dodge over trees or fallen branches that may have be in my way. I ignore my advance hearing picking up the sound of tearing and howls of pain from the attack and focus on just getting to the cell block in one piece and quick as possible.

I jump over a fallen branch and I land just on the outside of the clearing that is holding the cemented building. I scan the area seeing the door ripped off its hinges and thrown far away from scene, I growl before lunging myself to the cell block hoping I am not too late to stop them.

As I am flinging myself to the building the air is forced out of me as I am lifted into the air and flying across the clearing. I hit the ground with a thud and I blink pass my blurry vision and see that I have been thrown a few feet from my original spot.

I growl in frustration before getting to my feet facing any threat waiting for me. Growling in front of me is a regular brown wolf with a black spiral mark on its body. My eyes widen at the sight of the drooling beast as a memory fills my mind.

"Ruby?"

The wolf eyes narrow before realizations takes over her features, I swallow down the knot in my throat and frown at the beast. I take a caution step forward but all Ruby does is back away from me whimpering like she was in pain.

The wolf howls in agony before giving me one last look before taking off in the opposite direction.  stand in shock staring at the retreating figure of my childhood best friend. I calm myself as thousands of questions are asked in my head but I block every last one of them out.

Another time Kamilah.

I look into direction of the cell block and run to it but I slow as I near it. Down at my feet are two male members of Damon's pack mauled to death. I stare blankly at the bodies as my eyes swipe over every detail of their destroyed bodies.

Bloody torn flesh littered all around them as deep claw marks run down their bodies exposing crushed bone and mangled tissue. I breathe in the smell of death around me and I frown immediately as I have only come across the smell twice in my life, each time damaging me, each time meaning something to me but today, the death didn't mean anything to me.