𝟽𝟺. 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚜

Start from the beginning

audrey nodded listlessly, checking the scrape on her knee, which had stopped bleeding.

allison held audrey's phone to her ear waiting for noah to pick up.

"hello? audrey? where the fuck are you?"

"hi, yeah, this isn't audrey, i have her phone."

"oh my god, is she okay? who are you? what's going on?"

"i'm allison, is daniel next to you? audrey's sitting next to me."

allison could hear noah shouting daniel's name through the phone, cringing at the loud volume.

"hello?" daniel's breathless voice echoed through the phone.

"hey, dani, it's allison, audrey's here with me."

"fuck, is she okay?"

"she scraped her knee, that's it, and she's super drunk, so you should probably pick her up. we're like three blocks away from the party, i was on my way home when i saw her."

daniel sighed with relief, "c-can you give the phone to audrey? i want to talk to her. we're walking there now."

allison handed the phone to audrey, who took it and whispered a, "hello?"

"audrey, oh my god," daniel gasped, immediately feeling better talking to his ex-girlfriend after what felt like months. "are you okay?"

"my knee's hurt," audrey said, a sob slipping her lips. "and my heart hurts."

"what do you mean, rey? do we need to call a doctor? should i tell alli to call the hos-"

audrey shook her head and cut daniel off, mumbling, "my heart hurts because you're not with me and i miss you."

daniel closed his eyes, trying to stop the tears from escaping his eyes. he ran a little faster, wanting to reach audrey before anyone else did.

he could hear noah shouting behind him, telling him to slow down, but daniel saw the figure of two people a few hundred feet in front of him and sprinted to them, his hands immediately wrapping around audrey's shaking body.

"hey, hey, it's okay, i'm right here," daniel whispered in audrey's ear, pulling her closer to him. "shh, shh, shh, it's okay."

audrey just clung onto daniel, her tears running freely down her cheeks. "h-hi."

"hey, love, you're good, now, okay? let's go home and fix your knee, yeah?"

audrey nodded, still holding onto daniel like he was her lifeline.

daniel slowly helped audrey up, letting her lean her head on his shoulder as they stumbled back to the group. allison had joined everyone else, ignoring christina's glare towards her.

"thank you, alli," daniel said, shooting a grateful smile to the girl. she just smiled back, giving him a wink before waving and walking away.

it was silent as everyone looked at daniel, then audrey, small smiles on their faces.

"okay, so um, i can take her home," noah said, shrugging, "or, daniel, you could."

daniel looked down at audrey, who's arms were still wrapped around him tightly, her eyes closed. "i'll take her home, but you wanna come with?"

noah nodded, grabbing his phone from daniel's hand and flipping it once before unlocking it and ordering an uber.

"uber's gonna be here in five minutes."

"we're gonna go back," tate said after a moment, looking at the three of them. "keep audrey safe, no funny business, or i'll kick both your asses," she said, narrowing her eyes at daniel before smiling. "and don't let her go this time."

"promise you, i won't," daniel said.

noah waved goodbye as everyone walked back to the party, leaving the trio alone.

• ☆ •
she speaks !

i hated this chapter lmao

-n
☆ • ☆ • ☆